Sandisk Clip Jam - Coming Soon
Apr 30, 2015 at 11:55 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 61

EMC2

New Head-Fier
I saw in the B&H Photo website that a new Sandisk product - the "Clip Jam" is coming soon.  The new product retails for $39.99 and all have 8 GB internal memory and are expandable to 32 GB with SD card.  Has anyone had a chance to try this new line of Clip players from Sandisk?  Do they offer similar performance in terms of sound quality as the Clip+ and Clip Zip.  And can they be Rockboxed?  Maybe this is an updated version of the Clip+?

Apr 30, 2015 at 12:34 PM Post #4 of 61
  I saw in the B&H Photo website that a new Sandisk product - the "Clip Jam" is coming soon.  The new product retails for $39.99 and all have 8 GB internal memory and are expandable to 32 GB with SD card.  Has anyone had a chance to try this new line of Clip players from Sandisk?  Do they offer similar performance in terms of sound quality as the Clip+ and Clip Zip.  And can they be Rockboxed?  Maybe this is an updated version of the Clip+?

Thanks for the heads up I have 4 clip+ & a DX-50 & the E11k & Mont blanc. I'll buy ANYTHING from Sandisk/ SANSA & try it.

Apr 30, 2015 at 12:38 PM Post #5 of 61
Are there any photos we can drag back here? I'd like to see it if possible.

Apr 30, 2015 at 12:52 PM Post #6 of 61
I can't imagine it being any different to the Clip Sport but I could be wrong. if that is the case the player library and SD card library will be kept separate and there won't be any Rockbox. I really hope that isn't the case though

May 1, 2015 at 1:56 AM Post #9 of 61
Thanks for the link.

Can't say I'm a huge fan of the screen size or design considering we're moving into mid 2015 and we've seen this over and over from Sandisk.

I think its still appealing for others supporting  that Sandisk trademark of ultra portability and pocket size friendlyness.

May 4, 2015 at 7:12 PM Post #10 of 61
The Clip Jam has the limitations of the Clip Sport.

http://forums.sandisk.com/t5/SanDisk-Clip-Sport/Sandisk-Clip-Jam/td-p/339188

May 10, 2015 at 7:48 AM Post #11 of 61
Keep in mind that the Clip Jam is intended to compete against the ipod Shuffle, so in that regard it is still so much better. The trouble is that a Clip+ or Clip Zip is so much better than the ipod Nano in many ways, and the Clip Jam is far inferior to a Rockboxed Clip+ or Clip Zip except perhaps for battery life.

May 11, 2015 at 12:33 PM Post #13 of 61
I think the Clip+ are being discontinued.  That is what the BH Photo site is showing.  Also, they are now out of stock in the Sandisk online store.  So I assume the Clip Zip will be discontinued as well?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back