San Francisco meetup CONFIRMED for March 30, 2019
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 18, 2019 at 6:23 PM Post #16 of 70
Hi Cary.
Glad you can make it. Please RSVP on the meetup page, linked at the top of this thread.

In order for me to keep track of who is coming, and what they are bringing (and to me easily contact folks, if needed) it helps me to have people's details in one place.

Thanks.
Dimitri

Mar 22, 2019 at 5:00 PM Post #19 of 70
Need to RSVP so DimitriSF knows the attendee count. RSVP info in the thread starter.

Mar 22, 2019 at 6:49 PM Post #20 of 70
Hi. You don't have to bring anything fancy. Even a basic set of headphones or in-ear monitors is fine. But, you should try to bring... well... something. It's like going to a pot luck, and not bringing anything.

That said, I'm not turning anyone away. If you're genuinely interested in the hobby, I'd have to be a world-class jerk to say no :) So, welcome aboard! Just remember to RSVP, at the beginning of this thread, as already stated.

Last edited:
Mar 22, 2019 at 10:27 PM Post #21 of 70
Hi, all. I think I'll be able to make it.

I have a some gear that I'm willing to bring, but I know what all of it sounds like. Let me know if you have requests. I'll just grab some stuff if no one requests anything.

Here's a list:

Headphones:
Focal Utopia
Audeze LCD-3
Beyerdyanmic T-1 (much older version)
Mr. Speakers Ether C Flow 1.1 upgraded
Auzeze LCD-XC
Stax SR-007 Mk I
Stax SR-009​

DACs:
Schiit Yggdrasil with Analog 2
Holo Spring DAC L3/KTE
PS Audio DirectStream DAC
Benchmark DAC1 HDR​

Amps:
Mjolnir-Audio Pure Bipolar
Mjolnir-Audio KGSSHV Carbon
HeadAmp GSX Mk2
Woo Audio WA6-SE
Sennheiser HDVD800 (has a DAC too)​

Portable:
AK SP1000​

Mar 22, 2019 at 10:32 PM Post #23 of 70

Headphones:
Focal Utopia
Audeze LCD-3​

Please?! Although it might lead me to punch a hole in the wallet. :)

Mar 22, 2019 at 10:39 PM Post #24 of 70
Mar 22, 2019 at 10:48 PM Post #25 of 70
+1 on these:
Focal Utopia
Auzeze LCD-XC

Holo Spring DAC L3/KTE

HeadAmp GSX Mk2

Edit: Just realized the KGSSHV is an electrostat amp. Just heard it mentioned favorably a few times, so I was curious. Makes more sense in comparison with the Blue Hawaii SE, I suppose.

Last edited:
Mar 23, 2019 at 10:39 AM Post #26 of 70
Hi. You don't have to bring anything fancy. Even a basic set of headphones or in-ear monitors is fine. But, you should try to bring... well... something. It's like going to a pot luck, and not

That said, I'm not turning anyone away. If you're genuinely interested in the hobby, I'd have to be a world-class jerk to say no :) So, welcome aboard! Just remember to RSVP, at the beginning of this thread, as already stated.
Hi. You don't have to bring anything fancy. Even a basic set of headphones or in-ear monitors is fine. But, you should try to bring... well... something. It's like going to a pot luck, and not bringing anything.

Thanks for a warm welcome.
I will bring LCD-2 bamboo.
Topping D10 dac
Bellari EQ570 equalizer

Mar 23, 2019 at 7:34 PM Post #27 of 70
Hi, I will be able to make it. I can bring:
Focal Utopia
Massdrop x THX AAA 789 Amp
Sound Devices USBPre 2

Last edited:
Mar 24, 2019 at 11:05 AM Post #29 of 70

I have a some gear that I'm willing to bring, but I know what all of it sounds like. Let me know if you have requests. I'll just grab some stuff if no one requests anything.

Here's a list:

Headphones:
Focal Utopia
Audeze LCD-3
Mr. Speakers Ether C Flow 1.1 upgraded
Auzeze LCD-XC
Stax SR-007 Mk I
Stax SR-009​

DACs:
Schiit Yggdrasil with Analog 2
Holo Spring DAC L3/KTE
Benchmark DAC1 HDR​

Amps:
Mjolnir-Audio Pure Bipolar
HeadAmp GSX Mk2
Woo Audio WA6-SE
Sennheiser HDVD800 (has a DAC too)​

Portable:
AK SP1000​

wow, that's a great collection you have there. What are your favorites for HPs, DACs, and amps?

I'd definitely be interested in hearing the Stax HPs since I've been curious about them.

Mar 24, 2019 at 10:25 PM Post #30 of 70
Dang it, looks like I can't bring HE6 because I'm getting my adapters sent in for fixing unless someone happens to have an SMC cable for the old Hifimans.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back