SAN DIEGO Meet, April 23
Apr 12, 2011 at 8:17 PM Post #196 of 284
So you are going, eh? Could'nt resist could you?

I'd love to hear the LCD through your ROC.

BTW - I am going to buy the Violectric V800 this week. Looks like the Ref5 was short lived experiement for me. Sound quality, excellent, but I have been reading up on the V800 and I just can't resist getting the matching piece to my V181. I am going to buy it from Robert at AphroditeCu29. He is the guy I bought the V181 from. He is extremely helpful and an excelent vedor. I have been back and forth with several questions and he great on his responses.

I was telling him about the meet earlier today and offewred to transport anything he would like to loan for the show. He carrys some crazy good equipment and cables, I'll let you know what he says.

Also, I am going to bring some Cullen Cables products I bought last week. He is a guy on Audiogon that used to work for another cable company for years making OEM products and now trying to break out on his own. I think I'll ping him also to see if he has any cables that I don't have that he might loan for the show (I have his Power Cord, XLR inteceonnects, and Coax Digital Interconnect). I don't think anyone would mind having more things to try out!!!
Quote:
umm maybe me?  I've got a pair of lcd-2 and HE-6 now...

If I make it all my cans (aside from AKG) are balanced w/ 4 pins

Apr 13, 2011 at 11:46 PM Post #197 of 284
Mr. Speakers,

Sorry for the late notice, but it was hard for me to forecast out this far without knowing for sure whether I could attend.

Planning to attend and contribute to the cause along with my friend who is also a budding enthusiast.

As I also am new to this hobby, I don't have anything to share at the moment, but hoping to make some decisions based upon what's available.

Thanks, and looking forward to meeting all the other attendees.

Apr 14, 2011 at 1:43 AM Post #198 of 284
After extensive listening and re-listening I am letting my denon D2000 and little dot 2+ go. I just don't like it as much as my other equipment.
I'm still bringing it to the meet just in case someone wants to hear/compare. So they will be for sale at the meet if you like what you hear.

Apr 14, 2011 at 4:39 AM Post #199 of 284

Quote:
So you are going, eh? Could'nt resist could you?

I'd love to hear the LCD through your ROC.

BTW - I am going to buy the Violectric V800 this week. Looks like the Ref5 was short lived experiement for me. Sound quality, excellent, but I have been reading up on the V800 and I just can't resist getting the matching piece to my V181. I am going to buy it from Robert at AphroditeCu29. He is the guy I bought the V181 from. He is extremely helpful and an excelent vedor. I have been back and forth with several questions and he great on his responses.

I was telling him about the meet earlier today and offewred to transport anything he would like to loan for the show. He carrys some crazy good equipment and cables, I'll let you know what he says.

Also, I am going to bring some Cullen Cables products I bought last week. He is a guy on Audiogon that used to work for another cable company for years making OEM products and now trying to break out on his own. I think I'll ping him also to see if he has any cables that I don't have that he might loan for the show (I have his Power Cord, XLR inteceonnects, and Coax Digital Interconnect). I don't think anyone would mind having more things to try out!!!

You definitely got me to make it a serious thought. Certainly a logistics nightmare hauling my gear home, to san diego, home and back to LA again. I hope it survives :) 

I saw the Ref5 up on the listings. I even thought about buying it back. I just got a Ref1, and it's slightly brighter in comparison to the Ref5, so my Hifiman-6 are a little edgy sometimes. 

How do you have all the right hook-ups when it comes to wire? Power cords always interest me !

Apr 14, 2011 at 12:05 PM Post #200 of 284
Hello Dannybuoy-

Cullen (Rick if memory serves) used to work with PS Audio, and did some manufacturing for them before they started having much of their stuff made in China (Boo!). Cullen has two enterprises in central CA, Cullen Circuits and Wyred4Sound, which has gotten a lot of (very positive) press from The Absolute Sound magazine. Cullen Circuits is the modification arm, W4S the new equipment manufacturer. I have had a Stage IV modded PS Digital Link III DAC for a couple of years and enjoyed it immensely. I plan to bring it to the meet. As I recall, Cullen was a pleasure to deal with - only gripe was that I had to pay CA sales tax, like I did with the Schiit Lyr.

Apr 14, 2011 at 3:40 PM Post #201 of 284
Just wanted to throw this out there....

I obviously can't bring all of my music so if anyone wants me to bring something in particular, please let me know so I pack it along ahead of time.

Apr 14, 2011 at 5:41 PM Post #202 of 284

Quote:

I obviously can't bring all of my music so if anyone wants me to bring something in particular, please let me know so I pack it along ahead of time.

If you have anything from the Lecuona Cuban Boys, particularly Rumba Negra and Rumba Azul.  Doubtful but hopeful.  
tongue_smile.gif

Apr 14, 2011 at 6:58 PM Post #203 of 284

Sorry Mr. Speakers,

It seems like I'll be solo, as my budding enthusiast is unable to attend now.

Sorry for the confusion.

Quote:
Mr. Speakers,

Sorry for the late notice, but it was hard for me to forecast out this far without knowing for sure whether I could attend.

Planning to attend and contribute to the cause along with my friend who is also a budding enthusiast.

As I also am new to this hobby, I don't have anything to share at the moment, but hoping to make some decisions based upon what's available.

Thanks, and looking forward to meeting all the other attendees.

Apr 14, 2011 at 7:37 PM Post #204 of 284

Quote:

Also a little doubtful, but if you have Claude Bolling's Jazz Suite for Cello & Piano Trio I mentioned in the cello thread...Since you liked it I'm guessing you have the CD? Woud love to hear it without the hiss.

Apr 14, 2011 at 7:42 PM Post #205 of 284

Quote:
If you have anything from the Lecuona Cuban Boys, particularly Rumba Negra and Rumba Azul.  Doubtful but hopeful.  
tongue_smile.gif

I might, might have that actually...need to look around...

Quote:
Also a little doubtful, but if you have Claude Bolling's Jazz Suite for Cello & Piano Trio I mentioned in the cello thread...Since you liked it I'm guessing you have the CD? Woud love to hear it without the hiss.

You're in luck! I just remastered that album last week.

Apr 14, 2011 at 7:45 PM Post #206 of 284

Quote:
I might, might have that actually...need to look around...

You're in luck! I just remastered that album last week.

Wow, you're better than Santa Claus and the Tooth Fairy combined!  It's possible you might find those two pieces on the Aimee and Jaguar soundtrack.

Apr 15, 2011 at 11:56 AM Post #209 of 284

If anyone wants to bring extra power cables, i have a nice collection of stock cables to compare with.

Also do people wander about with their own sources? I am unbalanced so all my gear is rca input, with TRS out.

Apr 15, 2011 at 1:05 PM Post #210 of 284

Quote:

If anyone wants to bring extra power cables, i have a nice collection of stock cables to compare with.

Also do people wander about with their own sources? I am unbalanced so all my gear is rca input, with TRS out.

I am sorry to hear you are unbalanced.  
beerchug.gif

Dan Clark Audio Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on Dan Clark Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

@funCANS MrSpeakers https://danclarkaudio.com info@danclarkaudio.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back