Jun 29, 2014 at 9:12 PM Post #8 of 22
Warning: you might be a geek. 
biggrin.gif
 I hope your employers are grateful for you saving them a few new screens. 

Jun 29, 2014 at 11:55 PM Post #10 of 22
Most definitely  a compliment from a fellow geek. Apologies if you thought otherwise. I never had the chance to solder so that always intrigues me. I did just talk my father-in-law out of a soldering iron so maybe I'll see what damage I can do on something noncritical. However, that would not be my Sammy! Maybe some headphone cables or the cat (joking!).

USA!

May 19, 2016 at 12:43 AM Post #14 of 22
Hello, I am having the same situation with Samsung UA46D7000. My warranty is expired, but anyway, I call samsung to take a look which charged me HKD 500. The guy just open the case and take a look without any testing and say, the click sound is due to the problem of the main screen and tell me nothing wrong with the power supply board.

He insist that if the power supply board have problem, the screen will be on but with some kind of wrong color and it must be the main screen that generate the click sound. So he ask me to replace the main screen, which is HKD 8930 (at the time 2016 May). And it is more expensive than buying a new one.

Sure I won't replace the main screen, because the samsung guy is obviously cheating me and I am going to complain to consumer council. However, I saw those cap on the power supply board have no leaking and no swell up. What do you think about it? 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back