Samsung Galaxy S4 compatible portable DAC/AMPs?
May 21, 2014 at 6:53 AM Post #137 of 153
There are two that I know: Denon Music Player and Neutron. Both require a bit of messing around to set up, and you have to pay for Neutron. With my current position, I'm honestly considering buying a high quality music player instead of trying to get my phone to sound good.

Jul 21, 2014 at 3:17 PM Post #141 of 153
I actually just got back from a trip to France. The flight there was 10 and a half hours (because of a 4 and a half hour wait due to a faulty instrument), and the flight back was around 7 and a half hours. I listened to music for a good 7 hours on the flight there, and a good 4 hours on the flight back. The battery went down 2 bars on the way there, and didn't go down at all on the flight back. So the battery is pretty darn good. Sound quality is fine, too. It doesn't power all headphones, but it does a decent job, and plays quite a large number of music formats. No complaints with it. 

Sep 30, 2014 at 7:25 PM Post #142 of 153
  Is anyone running the C5D with their S4? If so, do does it work well?

I am really interested in this question, that was not previously answered. I am interested in playing music from my Samsung Galaxy S4 phone, out the USB port, into a JDS Labs C5D DAC/Amp. It appears, based on post #63 that I can do this with a USB cable, without changing any phone settings. It appears that the apps discussed in this thread are players that would play music files that I would copy over to my phone memory, but I am interested in playing music with the Rhapsody app and SiriusXM app.

Oct 16, 2014 at 1:09 PM Post #145 of 153
Oct 30, 2014 at 8:59 PM Post #146 of 153
  Currently using the FiiO E17 for my S4 at the moment.  Just enable USB audio in settings and get a OTG cable from Toxic Cable's ebay listing.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/111036655521?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

FiiO's E18 is supposedly coming out sometime next month, I'd probably wait for that unless you needed something right now.

Thank You KetchupNinja,

I just posted payment with JDS Labs for an OTG cable which looks identical to the one from Toxic's listing (which doesn't seem to be active anymore) I'll find out in a few days and post back!!

Jun 28, 2015 at 9:39 AM Post #148 of 153
I have been using a Galaxy S4 for two years now with PowerAmp. I get excellent sound with a number of different music types including classical, rock, folk, world, etc. I also have a Leckerton UHA-6S mk2 that is amazing with the S4. I have been using PowerAmp for many years with great success in sound quality on Samsung and HTC phones.

Jun 28, 2015 at 9:59 AM Post #149 of 153
  I have been using a Galaxy S4 for two years now with PowerAmp. I get excellent sound with a number of different music types including classical, rock, folk, world, etc. I also have a Leckerton UHA-6S mk2 that is amazing with the S4. I have been using PowerAmp for many years with great success in sound quality on Samsung and HTC phones.

What IEM's are you using?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back