Samsung Galaxy S2 In ear Phones.
Jul 21, 2011 at 3:26 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 17

MusicalChillies

Previously known as Sinth.
Hi all,

Been away for a bit and in that time upgraded my blower to the Samsung Galaxy S2. To my surprise it came with a nice looking pair of unbranded in ear`s.
Anybody know who makes them? I am a little taken aback, these things are excellent. Wife also upgraded phone soo have 2 pairs.
Straight out of an itouch, no ibasso amp, not a bad effort at all. Kind of chuffed at stumbling across them.
Stu

ED: Listened through my amp, nice, easier to drive than my MTPC, they are not as detailed but pack a nice punch.

Jul 21, 2011 at 10:21 PM Post #4 of 17
Samsung cellphone mostly comes with earphones OEM'ed by Cresyn.

Jul 22, 2011 at 12:07 PM Post #5 of 17
Thanks for all the replies.

Voodoo? Is that the same as NFC so you can pay for things? No the UK model doesn`t support it.

Clieos, thanks for the info. Sheesh they sell junk on their site. I think they are great, weird.
Another bizarre finding was the tips, they are now used on my coppers, much better ease of fit.
I might take a pic on my phone and show what they look like.

Jul 22, 2011 at 12:49 PM Post #6 of 17
Thanks for all the replies.

Voodoo? Is that the same as NFC so you can pay for things? No the UK model doesn`t support it.

Clieos, thanks for the info. Sheesh they sell junk on their site. I think they are great, weird.
Another bizarre finding was the tips, they are now used on my coppers, much better ease of fit.
I might take a pic on my phone and show what they look like.
EDIT:

Jul 22, 2011 at 1:39 PM Post #7 of 17
Voodoo Sound doesnt work on the S2 as it uses a Yamaha Dac which is inferior to the Wolfson DAC on the Galaxy S 1. It sounds decent but nothing out of this world unfortunately

Software enhancements make it sound pretty good though with apps like Equalizer and DSP Manager :)

Oh and I didnt bother with the IEMs since the ones that came with the original SGS were worse than the latest iBuds (which are pretty good). Maybe I should check them out since they look identical

Jul 22, 2011 at 1:41 PM Post #8 of 17
Quote:

No, Voodoo is an app for rooted users to mess around little with the Wolfson chip on Galaxy S1.

From Appstore: https://market.android.com/details?id=org.projectvoodoo.controlapp

Quote:
Goal of this project is to:
- improve sound quality
- fix audio issues present in Samsung kernels
- unleash the powerful hi-fi headphone amplifier included in your phone and audiophile-quality DAC.

Jul 25, 2011 at 7:22 PM Post #9 of 17

[size=medium]
Hey Sinth how's the SQ sound on the Galaxy S 2 compared with ur ipod touch? Also you must try out PowerAmp if you haven't already, I've found it to be the best SQ player out there on Android.

I'm looking to upgrade to the SGS2, but undecided, especially after hearing about the yamaha dac, I'm thinking the SQ would be a significant downgrade from my voodoo'd SGS, as it's my main portable DAP, and it's SQ is significantly better the the ipod unamped.

Also I noticed you had the PA2V2 a while back and now have the iBasso P3, I know there's a huuuge price difference between them, but how does the SQ compare out of curiosity? I'm quite new to the world of portable amps, I got the Fiio E5 with my M50, but then decided that I want a bit more, so I got Gary to send me a PA2V2... Do you still have your PA2V2?

Also about the SGS headphones, mine came with those too, but the insulation bands were black, and the 4-pole plug was connected differently to the iphone's and crapberry's, so they would only work for my phone or some nokia's. But they are pretty decent for bundled headphones, but nothing special.
[/size]

Jul 30, 2011 at 4:36 PM Post #10 of 17
Luckily I found this thread. I thought the sound coming from the included earphones are decent. Sinth, since you have other IEM's, how does the included earphones compare to the IEM's you have? I was thinking of getting the soundmagic PL50 but that does not come with the mic. I see that the PFE 112 has a version with the mic. Does that work with the SGS2? I am actually quite happy with the IEM's included. Comes with 3 sizes as well.

Aug 6, 2011 at 7:24 AM Post #11 of 17
any updates on a decent IEM WITH mic for th egalaxy S2, the beast will arrive today...edit it just arrived :)
As a self confessing audiofile I've always steered clear from head phones (I know, the wrong scene to say that....) and MP3 etc but with some travelling ahead I thought it might be a good point in time to become a convert of some sorts...

Edit: might wanna make it known that I mainly listen to classical stuff, some jazz and indie music, home system is of the less is more type, analytical, fast (small  2 way speaker), yet with a great balance, minimal power (0.8 Watt) tube amp.

Looking for an IEM w mic with a decent length of the actual earpiece stem as the ones with my current HTC phone are too short and fall out of my ears too easily (same prob with the IEMs that come w the Galaxy S2, no matter what tip I use) ...target price range anything up to approx 100-120 euro.  Was kinda tempted by the PL50 yet they have no mic, another choice w mic could be the Klipsch image s2 or s4i..

Aug 6, 2011 at 7:42 AM Post #12 of 17
i am not very impressed with sgs2 sq to be perfectly honest. the samsung earphone is VERY-VERY bass heavy, bass heads will like them but they are muddy and not very detailed . the yamaha dac does not come close to wolfson dac. you can hear cpu frequency 'hisss' sound,with westone4 the hiss sound was only slightly noticeable but with ie8 it(hisssss) is more pronounced. the only advantage i guess of this yamaha is that it is louder. 

Aug 6, 2011 at 8:01 AM Post #13 of 17
I wasn't very impressed with the SQ of the SGS2 nor with the included headset. Also I found the IEMs quite uncomfortable. But I found a good solution.... I hacked up the headset and soldered its' cable with mic on my AKG K430. And I'm very happy with the results :)

Posted from my SGS2 btw

Aug 6, 2011 at 11:14 AM Post #14 of 17
I hear you guys, yet as imperfect the SQ may be I'll live with it in the inherently noisy travel environment I'll use it in.....feel free to open a thread to complain abut SGS2 SQ :wink:

I was asking for hints to a decent IEM with mic, I could probably hack my Sennheiser noise cancellation headphones but do think I can do wo the  bulk by using IEM to block noise.

Aug 6, 2011 at 11:42 AM Post #15 of 17

Quote:

[size=medium]
Hey Sinth how's the SQ sound on the Galaxy S 2 compared with ur ipod touch? Also you must try out PowerAmp if you haven't already, I've found it to be the best SQ player out there on Android.

I'm looking to upgrade to the SGS2, but undecided, especially after hearing about the yamaha dac, I'm thinking the SQ would be a significant downgrade from my voodoo'd SGS, as it's my main portable DAP, and it's SQ is significantly better the the ipod unamped.

Also I noticed you had the PA2V2 a while back and now have the iBasso P3, I know there's a huuuge price difference between them, but how does the SQ compare out of curiosity? I'm quite new to the world of portable amps, I got the Fiio E5 with my M50, but then decided that I want a bit more, so I got Gary to send me a PA2V2... Do you still have your PA2V2?

Also about the SGS headphones, mine came with those too, but the insulation bands were black, and the 4-pole plug was connected differently to the iphone's and crapberry's, so they would only work for my phone or some nokia's. But they are pretty decent for bundled headphones, but nothing special.
[/size]

Sorry for the late reply mate.
Phone compared to Itouch. Only listened to a bit of the sample track on the phone and do not have any of my music on there at all. I haven`t even been tempted. If I didn`t have a portable device then obviously I would but do not see the point. 
I don`t have Gary`s amp any more. Pretty sure you could here static/background noise though on the Pav when no music was playing whereas almost silent on the P3. Without them both here I can`t give you a detailed impression but I kept the P3 and sold the Pav soo. Agree, for cheapo give away phones they were certainly better than my old Senn CX95`s

Users who are viewing this thread

Back