Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Sound Quality
Apr 15, 2015 at 10:59 AM Post #497 of 756
Lol Maxx, I did and mine was superior

:evil:

Nooooowwaaaaahhhhh!
I need to test..
:p

Hi Guys! Can anybody help me choose headphones for this device at around 100-200$? Which would be better On-Ear , Over-ear or IEM? I like rap,pop and a little house

IEM if you want to lose your hearing in 5yrs.
over-ear if you want more isolation or larger sound.
on-ear for nice compromise between..

Apr 15, 2015 at 12:37 PM Post #499 of 756
Any recommendations about over ear headphones under 200$?

Philips Fidelio L2

http://www.amazon.it/Philips-L2BO-00-Cuffie-Arancione/dp/B00F4P7NG0

Focal Spirit One S

http://www.focal.com/evt/spiritones-en/#accueil

Apr 15, 2015 at 1:03 PM Post #500 of 756
wink_face.gif

Apr 15, 2015 at 1:29 PM Post #501 of 756
Hi Guys! Can anybody help me choose headphones for this device at around 100-200$? Which would be better On-Ear , Over-ear or IEM? I like rap,pop and a little house

If you are planning to use it while being out and about you need close backs or IEM. I would try to go used. I found a pair of used NAD HP50s in your price range. They are fantastic!

Apr 15, 2015 at 7:35 PM Post #502 of 756

The note 4 does not have a lot of power, most over ears will not be a good idea. The Audeo PFE 022 on earphonesolutions.com is under $100 with good build quality, for around $200, RHA T10i or Aurisonics Rockets (if you can find them cheap). I would recommend you look into the RHA T10i reviews, they seem to fit best. 

Apr 15, 2015 at 8:23 PM Post #503 of 756
While the Note 4 has low output power, it should be fine with most normal consumer headphones. Almost all IEMs should be perfect with the phone, as that's my setup. Since I exclusively use IEMs I little idea on the type of headphones would be good for the budget.

Apr 15, 2015 at 8:29 PM Post #504 of 756
I don't have a Note 4 but the Note 2 Tab 7.

An interesting headphone for the Note 2 is the Urbanears Zinken. The Zinken has been designed for mobile devices and gets super loud from a phone. They seem to emphasize the smooth Galaxy mids and get enough authority for hard to drive music genres.

They come in a bunch of wild colors and seem to be made for chicks. Black is the best color, but some off colors can be had for $50 on EBay.

Apr 16, 2015 at 12:17 AM Post #505 of 756
IEM if you want to lose your hearing in 5yrs.
over-ear if you want more isolation or larger sound.
on-ear for nice compromise between..
?? IEMs make you deaf ??

Apr 16, 2015 at 2:35 AM Post #506 of 756
Does any body know how to make a headphone with an iPhone cable work with a Galaxy Note 4? I bought a Fiio LU2 which they claimed they tested on Samsung phones and it didn't work on my QC25 or HP50s :frowning2:

Apr 16, 2015 at 3:02 AM Post #507 of 756
Does any body know how to make a headphone with an iPhone cable work with a Galaxy Note 4? I bought a Fiio LU2 which they claimed they tested on Samsung phones and it didn't work on my QC25 or HP50s :frowning2:
What do you want to work? - the controls? - Not sure if there is a way to do that - The Fiio cable that you have though is completely not what you're after, as what that is for is that a few years back the layout of the TRRS connector had two parts reversed (so sounds echoey without that adapter) - logically, what it is doing now is making your headphones now not only not work with the controls, but now also now makes your headphones sound hollow?!

Apr 16, 2015 at 5:56 AM Post #509 of 756
What do you want to work? - the controls? - Not sure if there is a way to do that - The Fiio cable that you have though is completely not what you're after, as what that is for is that a few years back the layout of the TRRS connector had two parts reversed (so sounds echoey without that adapter) - logically, what it is doing now is making your headphones now not only not work with the controls, but now also now makes your headphones sound hollow?!

Yes, good question! I would like the controls to work. Right now I can start and pause, and answer and end calls. You are right the Fiio cable makes the headphones sound hollow.

Apr 16, 2015 at 6:27 AM Post #510 of 756
Hi Im getting a S5, which one should I choose for better sound quality, volume levels?

Exynos version(has wolfson dac) or snapdragon version?

I'll be using it with a Sony MDR1RBTMK2 bluetooth headphone mostly, Is there any difference in bluetooth(aptx mode) and wired audio? 

I'll be installing Viper4Android also, 

So please tell me if  Exynos(wolfson dac) + V4A > Snapdragon + V4A ??

Users who are viewing this thread

Back