Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Sound Quality
Apr 6, 2015 at 2:02 AM Post #482 of 756
From my personal experience: No. The headphone output on the Note 4 is ideal for IEM use.
Just for some added detail, I will be using Alclair RSM CIEM's with the following specs:

Four driver three way - 2 woofers, 1 mid range, and 1 tweeter
DC Resistance - 22 Ohms
Impedance @1KHz - 36 Ohms
Input Sensitivity @100mVolts - 110 db SPL
Noise Isolation -26db

Would I be fine using just my phone with these, or would a dedicated DAP be worth purchasing in this case?

Apr 6, 2015 at 2:29 AM Post #483 of 756
Your Note 4 will be more than fine for those.

I use my Note 4 with my UM Merlin, which is notorious for having a very low impedance (10ohms) and can be quite fussy with sources. 

Apr 6, 2015 at 2:33 AM Post #484 of 756
Okay, that is reassuring! What music player do you use?

Apr 6, 2015 at 8:31 AM Post #487 of 756
Add Viper4Android and its perfect. It doesn't work on Lollipop though.

It does. You just have to change selinux to permissive. Either flash a custom kernel or install selinux mode changer from the play store. But it only works for audio though, youtube videos doesnt work with viper4android on the note 4 :frowning2:

Apr 6, 2015 at 8:44 AM Post #488 of 756
Ha--I probably would have been one of them.  But after spending time with the S6, Note 4 and M9, I think they are all quite good and comparable. 

Interesting .
I would like to know which processor I have so does anyone know how to find out?
I hav a Sprint model.

So far I have noticed the sound output as being a notch better than the Note 1,2,3 I had before it.

I find quality good enough that I don't feel a need for external decices..

Connected to my Audio Technica esw9ltd headphones,
I am hearing details that I havent herd before,
which to me says there is an improvement regardless which technology the Note4 implements.

Apr 6, 2015 at 9:06 AM Post #489 of 756
Interesting .
I would like to know which processor I have so does anyone know how to find out?
I hav a Sprint model.

So far I have noticed the sound output as being a notch better than the Note 1,2,3 I had before it.

which to me says there is an improvement regardless which technology the Note4 implements.
I may be wrong, but I believe all USA Note 4's are using the Snapdragon CPU.

Apr 6, 2015 at 10:06 AM Post #490 of 756
Interesting .
I hav a Sprint model.

Yes you have the snapdragon and the unit I tested was with sprint.

Apr 9, 2015 at 5:52 PM Post #493 of 756
  I don't have the 4, I have the 3 and love it.  My fiancée has the 4 and loves his. He says it's a hair notch above the 3.

me too.  my note 3 still feels like a great phone.   no feeling of having to upgrade or being outdated.  this was, after all, the top speced phone of its prime.

The USA/QualComm version of the Note 3 can drive a desktop DAC like a Schiit Bifrost Uber USB without a powered USB Hub. Sounds great.

Apr 11, 2015 at 7:37 AM Post #494 of 756
I don't have the 4, I have the 3 and love it.  My fiancée has the 4 and loves his. He says it's a hair notch above the 3.

Maybe you can borrow his phone for a bit to see what sonic differences exist compared to yours..
:)

Apr 13, 2015 at 11:00 AM Post #495 of 756
Lol Maxx, I did and mine was superior

evil_smiley.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back