Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Sound Quality
Nov 6, 2014 at 7:28 AM Post #181 of 756

Note 4 Exyons speaker, is also less harsh then Note 3 SD, but still far from perfect.

In one word: Wolfson.

Only phone with decent speakers is the htc one m8.. I've compared with the iphone6+ and even that is not as good!

Why can't samsung buy HTC, I think they'll make the perfect phone lol

Nov 7, 2014 at 6:42 AM Post #182 of 756
Only phone with decent speakers is the htc one m8.. I've compared with the iphone6+ and even that is not as good!

Why can't samsung buy HTC, I think they'll make the perfect phone lol

I would rather HTC come out with a removable battery model with no paint chipping off while in your pocket and possibility of a stylus for lager models. I'm only sticking with samsung mainly because of the removable battery, and where I live, the samsung warrantee centre just does a direct swap without waiting if there are any problems.

Nov 7, 2014 at 12:26 PM Post #184 of 756
Just got Korean note4 bronze gold(Exynos oh yes!)
Initial impression is good, I will be comparing it with iphone 6 plus tomorrow
wink.gif

Exynos....yum yum, so jelly!

Nov 9, 2014 at 8:17 PM Post #186 of 756

Snapdragon user reporting in here.

Using my ultra-low impedance Merlin IEMs, I had a fantastic experience viewing films on my Note 4.

If I were to guess, I would say that the output impedance is very low. I detected no wonky siganture, bloated or rolled off bass, or any other symptoms usually experienced from a high impedance output.

Was a truly fantastic mobile viewing experience. The Galaxy Note 4 is a fantastic source.

Also works fine with my 128gb Micro SD.

Nov 11, 2014 at 3:51 AM Post #188 of 756
Anyone tried this with something like the hifimedia sabre dac or a dragonfly.

I have me a p4 warbler, so got plenty of power on tap should i need it.

Nice to know it works well with the merlins, should pair well with my sleek ct6 i'd imagine.

Gone with the snapdragon in frost white, as rom support will be far better, i can always buy a dac/amp if i need to improve things.

Nov 12, 2014 at 2:36 PM Post #191 of 756
I truly enjoy the note 4, just wish there was a way to root it without tripping Knox...

:frowning2:

Nov 12, 2014 at 9:53 PM Post #194 of 756
Correct, used triangle away since the galaxy s2 to dodge the boot up watching, but Knox / warranty counter is yet to be circumvented

Nov 13, 2014 at 12:59 PM Post #195 of 756
  Holy Bass with the V4A!!

How's you manage to get viper on it, im assuming you're rooted?

Went for the exynos in the end, though less dev support it outperforms the snapdragon by a fair margin, little to no lag and that wolfson dac.

Only trouble is my eph-100's now sound too bright, but my meelec m11's now sound fantastic.

Sigh just can't win........

Users who are viewing this thread

Back