Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (24-bit/192KHz)
Nov 23, 2013 at 11:47 AM Post #392 of 726

I did some extensive testing for 3 days between both using my JH16, and I concluded , both have their weaknesses and strong points in SQ, but all I can say is that I kept the snapdragon version because it was able to run with almost all my dacs , where as the exynos was not.

This is my choice, and I am not saying the snapdragon is better in SQ.

What kind of micro USB to micro USB connector is that? Would love to get one. Thx

Nov 23, 2013 at 12:13 PM Post #394 of 726
  What kind of micro USB to micro USB connector is that? Would love to get one. Thx

Toxic cables.
There is also this:
http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=36058796144

Nov 23, 2013 at 12:41 PM Post #395 of 726
I am sorry to hear that. Can't suggest anything other than hard reset.

But you should be better off with this feature on, while travelling. As for home use, you shouldn't expect the ultimate sound from the phone, no phone beats a decent DAP. Although I very much like the sound of Note 3 and S4, they don't come close to my Cowon D2+. And there are much better players on the market. Why not stick with one of those? I think we tend to demand way too much from phones.

Yeah for something that retails for $600+ I think demanding is perfectly fine.. I mean they make like $400 per unlocked phone sold.

Reasons why I don't use my DAP (Sony F807) (and the main reasons why I bought my Note 3) is because 1) screen is too small, 2) it dies quickly when the screen is on, 3) it's a pain when you have 3 things in your pocket (i.e. phone, DAP, wallet).

I do think my Note 3 does sound better than my F807 anyways though. I haven't actually tested side-by-side by in like the month I've had the Note 3 but I haven't really found a need to. Soundstage sounds larger (which is by far my favorite property of any headphone) and the only real con I hear is that there's hiss, though it isn't very noticeable. My music easily masks it. Compared to my old phone, the hiss is basically nonexistant.

The other thing I don't like though is that I cannot drag and drop straight from iTunes into my Note 3's external SD card music folder. With my F807 I was always able to drag and drop (it acted like all my iTunes music was in one folder and copied as if it was, rather than by Artist, which is how I have the iTunes folders sorted).

I also wish Samsung gave up AMOLED honestly and switched to LCD hahaha. The G2/Nexus 5's screen looks pretty amazing IMO when compared to the Note 3.

Nov 23, 2013 at 5:02 PM Post #397 of 726
  Toxic cables.
There is also this:
http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=36058796144

Thank you. You have the link for the Toxic cable? I went to their website and can't find it. Taobao won't work for me. I'm in the U.S.

Nov 24, 2013 at 1:52 PM Post #399 of 726

I also wish Samsung gave up AMOLED honestly and switched to LCD hahaha. The G2/Nexus 5's screen looks pretty amazing IMO when compared to the Note 3.

Really? - I love the deep blacks that AMOLED can do - and, if in professional screen mode, colour saturation is fine...

Makes the HTC One look positively washed out!

Nov 24, 2013 at 6:41 PM Post #401 of 726
  Really? - I love the deep blacks that AMOLED can do - and, if in professional screen mode, colour saturation is fine...

Makes the HTC One look positively washed out!

Yeah the deep blacks are amazing. The main thing I like about AMOLED. The colors just seemed more "popping" to me on the G2 though, ironically enough.

Nov 24, 2013 at 6:44 PM Post #402 of 726
I was hoping that others could give some feedback regarding the sample rate at which audio files are played via USB Audio.
I tested both the T-mobile and Verizon variants of the Note 3 with the HRT Music Streamer II+, which has a sample rate indicator.  I found that both variants behaved the same.
When playing 96/24 music files with the stock player, the 96k indicator would be lit on the HRT MS II+.
When playing 44.1/16 music files with the stock player, the 48k indicator would be lit on the HRT MS II+.

I tested UARP with the Verizon Note 3 and found that the 96k indicator is lit on the HRT MS II+ when playing 96k content.  I found that with UARP, the 44.1k indicator was lit on the Verizon Note 3 when playing 44.1k content.

The Note 2, for comparison, when playing both 96/24 and 44.1/16 files, the 44.1k indicator would be lit on the HRT MS II+.  If using UARP on the Note II, then 96k content would yield a 96k indicator on the HRT MS II+.
This suggests to me that the Note 3 is using resampling to output content at 48k, but is able to play high resolution audio at 96k without resampling.

Has anybody found their Note 2 to play 44.1k content without resampling without having to use UARP?

Nov 29, 2013 at 9:17 AM Post #405 of 726
Anyone got problem in using Dragonfly on note 3 (snapdragon version)? I plugged it and it works for like 20 seconds then only statics come out from my earphone
frown.gif
 anyone get any ideas on why this happens ? am using stock version without rooting 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back