Sales to Benefit Head-Fi (TTVJ Millett Portable Amp)
Nov 20, 2008 at 3:50 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

Todd

Headphone Vinyl Meister
Member of the Trade: TTVJ Audio
Hi All,

TTVJ will donate $50 dollars from the sale of every TTVJ Millett Portable amp to Head-Fi from now until January 1, 2009. When you place your order over the phone with us, mention that you are a Head-Fi member; or if you order online, put your Head-Fi username in the comments section, and we will make sure that Head-Fi receives $50 of the sale!

Todd

Nov 21, 2008 at 12:35 AM Post #3 of 13
Links make buying easier.
wink.gif

TTVJ Millett Hybrid Amp

Hey, whatever happened to that TTVJ Millett Hybrid Phono Stage loaner? I never heard from your buddy in the end.

Nov 21, 2008 at 11:35 AM Post #4 of 13
Really great contribution. Thanks!
biggrin.gif

May a lot of Head-Fi'ers buy a TTVJ Millett Hybrid Amplifier...

Nov 22, 2008 at 4:33 PM Post #5 of 13
I had this amp. It drives well DT990, HD650, MDR-F1. And it shines like no other portable amp with Etys, Grados, Yuin OK1 and PK1, Audio-Technica ATH-EW9.

I recommend it highly for those whose primary rig is portable. If I were in portable I definitely build my rig around TTVJ Millett portable. I like tubes and it is the only portable with tubes.

Nov 25, 2008 at 3:28 PM Post #7 of 13
Todd you are so cool. Mine gets more play than all my other portables but I am addicted to tubes and your amp is the tube king.Thanks for your support.

Nov 27, 2008 at 5:23 PM Post #8 of 13
As usual, Todd does a very cool thing.

I wanna be just like Todd when I grow up
biggrin.gif

Nov 28, 2008 at 4:57 AM Post #9 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by immtbiker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
As usual, Todd does a very cool thing.

I wanna be just like Todd when I grow up
biggrin.gif

Me too!
biggrin.gif

Well done Todd... I would buy one if I had the money
wink.gif

Dec 24, 2008 at 6:37 PM Post #10 of 13
I have a pair of 580 sennheisers with cardas cable. Very nice but just don't seem to give me the wow factor, not sure if this helps or not but I guess I am looking for detail although I love a well produced voice track

Dec 28, 2008 at 2:00 AM Post #11 of 13
I've tried looking around but haven't been able to find an in-depth review of the Millett Hybrid. Can anyone point me to a good review? I am a bit torn about this one...on one hand the tubes are a great plus, as I like the sound. On the other I would prefer an amp with a DAC as I use my laptop quite a lot.

I am struggling a bit as to how I can accommodate these different needs. Any opinions?

Dec 28, 2008 at 2:31 AM Post #12 of 13
Dec 28, 2008 at 5:37 AM Post #13 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lanzky /img/forum/go_quote.gif
...On the other I would prefer an amp with a DAC as I use my laptop quite a lot.

I am struggling a bit as to how I can accommodate these different needs. Any opinions?

Add either
  1. Echo Indigo
  2. Nuforce Icon Mobile velcroed to laptop lid
  3. or any USB dongle type sound card like X-Fi Go!
to your laptop without compromising its convenience a lot. Use them as source for Millett or standalone.

I own PCMCIA version of Indigo and highly recommend it. It has internal headphone amp capable enougn to drive any of the HPs you listed in your profile. Its amp is also very clear and neutral. Its DAC still beats most of those used in USB DAC/AMPs except top guns like Pico. I am sure that new ExpressCard Indigo inherits the design from PCMCIA version. Then it has the same pros.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back