SACD samplers
Jun 15, 2002 at 4:57 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

kelly

Herr Babelfish der Übersetzer, he wore a whipped-cream-covered tutu for this title.
My SACD player came with a sampler disc. Did all of them? Are there any other sampler discs out there? Any I can get in a free-ish way?
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 16, 2002 at 5:10 PM Post #4 of 14
My SACD player did not come with any samplers.
frown.gif

But it did come with 4 or 5 multi-channel SACD's.
evil_smiley.gif

Jun 22, 2002 at 4:06 AM Post #6 of 14
I use a Marantz CD5000 as my source. What is the benefit of replacing it with an SACD player? If I listen to the same classical composition using a regular CD disk versus an SACD disk, what benefit in sound would I gain? Also, is SACD likely to be a generally accepted standard, or is it likely to shortly become absolete (i.e., like Sony's BETA system)?

Jun 22, 2002 at 5:41 AM Post #7 of 14
Quote:

Originally posted by aos
Sony 775 player comes bundled with Miles' Kind of Blue SACD.

Mine came with a five song sampler. One of the tracks was 'So What' though.

Jun 22, 2002 at 6:18 AM Post #9 of 14
I just realized I never said. The XA777ES I ordered from Oade like two weeks ago came with the little 4-5 song sampler including the tracks from the Roger Waters live album.

Are any samplers available in magazines or from any companies other than Sony?

Jun 22, 2002 at 7:57 AM Post #11 of 14
It's very strange how selective Sony is with which players happen to come with samplers. My 9000ES didn't come with any samplers. I wonder if it has anything to do with "authorized" dealers or something along that line?

Jun 22, 2002 at 5:41 PM Post #13 of 14
I was really looking for more of "free" or "almost free" samplers but these demo discs are interesting too. I may have to order one to try them all. Thanks, Jude.

Jun 23, 2002 at 7:03 AM Post #14 of 14
My SCD-1 came with the Sony Music Super Audio CD Sampler disk that has 9 selections from classical, jaz to pop. Seems all the SCD-1s came with this disk which must have been added after arrival in the US. It seems some of the XA777ES included this disk while others didn't...maybe they just put these disks in as long as supplies last...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back