Sabaj D5: the DAC that is unquestionably a digital to analog converter
Jun 5, 2020 at 3:15 AM Post #256 of 298
Hello, fisrt time posting here. Sorry if I'm not enterily clear, english is not my native language.
Little over 6 months ago, in november I bought the sabaj d5 and everything was weel, but today I tried to listen to music and the thing wouldn't turn on, Instead the led on the button would blink in white and red again and again.
Does this thing happened to anyone here? is there a soution or am I now the proud owner of a very expensive paperweight?

For clarification, I bought it on amazon and my window of support closed on may 26.
Also, I've tried disconnecting the power cable and pressing the button while plug it in again as the manual says to do factory reset, same red and white blink.

Any help would be very much aprecciated.

Jun 5, 2020 at 7:08 AM Post #257 of 298
Mine hasn't failed exactly that way, but it did fail twice on me where it became unresponsive. I powered it off, unplugged the cable, and when I returned 9 hours later from work it was functioning again.

Jun 6, 2020 at 4:01 AM Post #258 of 298
Hello, fisrt time posting here. Sorry if I'm not enterily clear, english is not my native language.
Little over 6 months ago, in november I bought the sabaj d5 and everything was weel, but today I tried to listen to music and the thing wouldn't turn on, Instead the led on the button would blink in white and red again and again.
Does this thing happened to anyone here? is there a soution or am I now the proud owner of a very expensive paperweight?

For clarification, I bought it on amazon and my window of support closed on may 26.
Also, I've tried disconnecting the power cable and pressing the button while plug it in again as the manual says to do factory reset, same red and white blink.

Any help would be very much aprecciated.

You have v.1.2 . I got a few times the same thing. Once updated, it was gone away.

is there anyone here using HDMI input? I just wonder if HDMI is better than USB which seems to not be good according to ASR measurements.

Best

Jun 6, 2020 at 7:55 AM Post #259 of 298
Just received this recently, bought from a seller on Amazon UK. Generally using it only as a DAC to feed my xDuoo TA-30 amp. Very pleased with it. Mine came with v1.6 system version.

Jun 25, 2020 at 10:48 AM Post #260 of 298
Hi there!

I have been having the same issues with my D5, specifically my volume knob not working.
I notice im in firmware 1.2, i emailed sabaj but have gotten no reply thus far.

Anyone willing to ship the update tool to Toronto Canada?
Ill pay any fees and ship it back immediately.

This would be so helpful! if not, i totally understand.

Thank you!!

Adriano

Jun 25, 2020 at 11:01 AM Post #261 of 298
Hi there!

I have been having the same issues with my D5, specifically my volume knob not working.
I notice im in firmware 1.2, i emailed sabaj but have gotten no reply thus far.

Anyone willing to ship the update tool to Toronto Canada?
Ill pay any fees and ship it back immediately.

This would be so helpful! if not, i totally understand.

Thank you!!

Adriano
I asked same thing from Sabaj, and got no reply either.
Initially, they will send upgrade tool, but then, it seems they stop supporting it.
Amazon has sale of the upgrade tool for like 10 bucks, why bother to borrow
from others, the shipping cost might be higher?

Jun 26, 2020 at 6:59 AM Post #264 of 298
Update on my situation with this unit:
After various days I finally was able to contact the people at Sabaj, my vendor on Amazon wanted me to ship my unit to the UK wich would be more expensive that the unit itself so that was a no go for me, asked a musician friend of mine if he knew someone who could take a look and he gave me his technician number, long story short, that mas is a magician and my unit is up and running again with no audible difference as far as I can hear; asked the tech guy what happened and he told me a mofet burned and was preventing the unit from powering on, he changed and that was it.
So there's that, if anyone happen to be in this situation that how I solved it.
Thanks to the people who took the time to reply and give advice.

Aug 7, 2020 at 2:45 AM Post #268 of 298
Hey guys. Got a quick question.

Recently received Emu Teak cans and they seem to be very source picky.
I liked how they sound on my modded dx228 so i decided to get myself ess9038pro based desktop dac/amp combo
So now im torn between SMSL M500 and Sabaj D5.
Actually i would go for Sabaj with no doubt for its Balanced HP out for future.

But the problem is Teaks are only 25ohm and Sabaj D5 SE output impedance is 3ohm while M500 is 2ohm

Do you guys think Sabaj impedance might be a bit too high for my cans where i actually hear the difference?

Anyone used it with low impedance cans/iems?

Aug 7, 2020 at 3:14 AM Post #269 of 298
Hey guys. Got a quick question.

Recently received Emu Teak cans and they seem to be very source picky.
I liked how they sound on my modded dx228 so i decided to get myself ess9038pro based desktop dac/amp combo
So now im torn between SMSL M500 and Sabaj D5.
Actually i would go for Sabaj with no doubt for its Balanced HP out for future.

But the problem is Teaks are only 25ohm and Sabaj D5 SE output impedance is 3ohm while M500 is 2ohm

Do you guys think Sabaj impedance might be a bit too high for my cans where i actually hear the difference?

Anyone used it with low impedance cans/iems?
Both should be fine really. If you're not going to use Sabaj XLR headphone output, i'd just buy the M500, because it was recently updated into a V2 with (even better) performance

Aug 7, 2020 at 7:04 AM Post #270 of 298
Both should be fine really. If you're not going to use Sabaj XLR headphone output, i'd just buy the M500, because it was recently updated into a V2 with (even better) performance
Thanks. I would like to use XLR out with my teaks as i ussually get slight improvements in staging etc. with higher power headroom from balanced out based on my experience. But im sure XLR output imedance will be too high for 25 ohm cans on D5.
Also i am worried about m500 not having gain switch. You think that can be an issue?
As an example i cannot use something like e10k on high gain as it makes bass too bloated. But maybe its just that its a lower end product and implemented not as well. Just a guess though.

Cheers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back