Sabaj D5: the DAC that is unquestionably a digital to analog converter
Mar 13, 2020 at 3:46 AM Post #242 of 298
Channels are switched. Left is right and right is left.
My D5 has left and right at correct sides lol. Tested on every input as I have an input device each input (Chromecast Audio on COAX (with opt coax converter), USB otg on usb for smartphone, Optical from PC)

Mar 26, 2020 at 12:32 AM Post #246 of 298
I acquired a Sabaj D5 about 3 months ago and very happy with it. Came with the latest firmware and have had zero issues. Use both the USB and optical inputs and have used the RCA outputs to a tube hybrid amp. Very nice build and love that it's an integrated dac/amp with built-in power supply. I can control all settings with the remote. Display is small, but bright and good resolution. Consider the D5 a nice upgrade from my Aune X1S. Power from the balanced output is more than enough to power my headphones. Very nice build and SQ.

Mar 27, 2020 at 2:52 AM Post #247 of 298
Been using mine daily since Jan 09 (v 1.4 / Amazon) and love this unit. Using both DAC and AMP from PC with some grado GS1000 and couldn't be happier. Maybe one nitpick; the volume knob feels like crap. Would be nice if it was a bit higher quality. Overall satisfied with D5.

Apr 10, 2020 at 7:01 AM Post #250 of 298
btw, where could be bought the firmware updater? On amazon seller just told me to cancel order as it no more shippable... when I bought D5 I remember the tool was available in Italy with amazon prime but now not. I did not bought it as mine was already 1.4

Apr 19, 2020 at 1:45 PM Post #253 of 298
Just update USB driver to 4.67.
Guess that I mixed up USB driver and unit's firmware.
The unexplained port in the back is used to connect firmware upgrade tool.
Can we have a "what's new" for the new firmware, so we know better should we all upgrade.

Apr 26, 2020 at 4:19 AM Post #254 of 298
Good news, cooperate with the HiFi-express, we have a promotion sale on Sabaj D5. Don't miss the time. 1st - 3rd May. Only 30 units can be sold in US locations.
1f60d.png
Only $399.
https://hifi-express.com/collection...aj-d5-audio-dac-ess9038pro-heaphone-amplifier
D5.jpg

May 11, 2020 at 12:40 AM Post #255 of 298
any information about firmware V1.6, what will one miss without upgrading?
I think if a separate upgrade tool is needed, it should be included. (not sure why it is designed like this.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back