Sabaj D5: the DAC that is unquestionably a digital to analog converter
Aug 13, 2021 at 12:17 PM Post #286 of 298
Does anyone tried to compare Sabaj D5 with something else here ? I had SMSL M500 and the sound was dry and artificial. Got my Sabaj last week and sound is way better (with an external USB interface because USB input is poor).

Nov 7, 2021 at 10:46 AM Post #287 of 298
Does anyone tried to compare Sabaj D5 with something else here ? I had SMSL M500 and the sound was dry and artificial. Got my Sabaj last week and sound is way better (with an external USB interface because USB input is poor).
It is what I needed to hear. I'm considering to buy a DAC from several choices including these two. Loxjie D50 and VMV D1SE are other two possibilities but for about 250$ more which could be meaningless too. Power supply is one of my main concerns.

Feb 11, 2023 at 9:45 AM Post #294 of 298
I'm having an issue with my D5.

It doesn't show up on windows sound settings when connected via USB! The screen on the DAC itself says 44.1kHz when plugged in to my computer, and it says "no signal" on the screen when i unplug it from my computer.

So it's like the DAC is receptive to my computer but not the other way around. It just happened from nowhere. I've changed cables and computers, same issue.

Anyone know a fix?

Feb 11, 2023 at 9:49 AM Post #296 of 298
I'm having an issue with my D5.

It doesn't show up on windows sound settings when connected via USB! The screen on the DAC itself says 44.1kHz when plugged in to my computer, and it says "no signal" on the screen when i unplug it from my computer.

So it's like the DAC is receptive to my computer but not the other way around. It just happened from nowhere. I've changed cables and computers, same issue.

Anyone know a fix?
Hi, you need to download the driver from Sabaj. Once installed it will identify the DAC and allow you to change settings to the higher rates.

Mar 26, 2023 at 8:57 AM Post #298 of 298
Hello guys. I have been trying to buy the update tool for the D5 for some time now without any succes. There are none in stock and haven't managed to find a used one for sale. Is there anyone that could lend or sell me a unit? Please let me know as I am on a very early version of the firmware and would like to update it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back