sa-6 poor quality?
Nov 29, 2008 at 12:56 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 20

Justice Strike

100+ Head-Fier
is it just me or is the build quality of those sa-6 iem's just poor?

I had mine for a month or 2, and the cable just doesn't cope well with the cold here. It becomes very rigid. Now it's actually broken, but nothin that has to do with the rigidy of the cable. The t-split for splitting the cable to a left and right side has gone loose and one of the cables has just come loose (and is hanging by the thread).

it's a bit soon for a cable to be broken in my opinion. anyone else with the same experience?

Nov 29, 2008 at 11:43 PM Post #2 of 20
90 day warranty on the cables, so give them a ring!
wink.gif

Nov 30, 2008 at 12:15 AM Post #3 of 20
sleek audio has excellent customer service, so definitely give them a ring.

Nov 30, 2008 at 12:37 AM Post #4 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by Justice Strike /img/forum/go_quote.gif
is it just me or is the build quality of those sa-6 iem's just poor?

I had mine for a month or 2, and the cable just doesn't cope well with the cold here. It becomes very rigid. Now it's actually broken, but nothin that has to do with the rigidy of the cable. The t-split for splitting the cable to a left and right side has gone loose and one of the cables has just come loose (and is hanging by the thread).

it's a bit soon for a cable to be broken in my opinion. anyone else with the same experience?

That would be too soon. I had an IEM for 10 yrs and its wires never fell apart from constant use, travel, hot, cold, and long storage.

Nov 30, 2008 at 12:53 AM Post #5 of 20
They did say they had a batch of bad cables but Im not sure that is all true. Go ahead and call them. When mine broke they sent me an extra one. Im not disagreeing that it is too soon to die but at least Im very confident you will be getting a new one or two.

Dec 13, 2008 at 11:50 PM Post #6 of 20
they absolutely don't reply on any of their emails. I've emailed twice but to no avail. I've just emailed again, but I seriously doubt they will answer me, as they didn't with any of the other emails I sent.

i'm actually really bummed out by this. It was a gift from my brother and i'm not sure if i should invest in some new cables (only option if they continue to ignore me). at 40$ (yes shipping is costly) it seems a bit much for a cable.

Dec 14, 2008 at 5:01 AM Post #9 of 20
Darn. I really want to like these SA6 IEMs but I have read FAR too many bad things about their quality. I live in the city, and I just don't think I can spend $200 on something that won't survive in my environment.

So, what sounds like them but with slightly better bass?

Dec 14, 2008 at 5:36 AM Post #10 of 20
Most quality issues I've read about Sleek products concern the SA6 and the cables.. Hopefully my customs hold out (as for the cables - hopefully Sleek puts out a better quality cable in 2009)! :p

Dec 14, 2008 at 5:40 AM Post #11 of 20
Heh, if it wasn't bad enough that I strongly disliked the sound signature of the SA6 from the get-go, one of the driver units themselves was DOA.
ph34r.gif

Dec 14, 2008 at 6:13 AM Post #12 of 20
After my Klipsch image breaking on me, I decided to try a different pair and some recommended the SA6 for their similar sound signature but the durability was a different story. I always had a gut feeling that they could not take too much physical abuse...which I personally would require in any IEM.

Dec 14, 2008 at 12:02 PM Post #13 of 20
well there is this huge time difference between europe and america so email is alkways a better choice. and ofcourse the tarif. I'm not going to call international to have some company put me in hold for the next hour.

Dec 14, 2008 at 1:24 PM Post #14 of 20
"I just got off the phone with Jason after calling the support number (1.800.777.7937). He couldn't have been friendlier or more accommodating."
Is this the number you're trying? Aren't 1-800 numbers free?

If not, apparently whoever put the website together put an invalid email address in the contact info. If you're using support@sleek-audio.com, try Jason@sleek-audio.com, Mack@sleek-audio.com, or Bill@sleek-audio.com.

Check out this topic if troubles persist.
http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f99/wh...-sleek-377883/

Dec 14, 2008 at 2:51 PM Post #15 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by Calexico /img/forum/go_quote.gif
"I just got off the phone with Jason after calling the support number (1.800.777.7937). He couldn't have been friendlier or more accommodating."
Is this the number you're trying? Aren't 1-800 numbers free?

If not, apparently whoever put the website together put an invalid email address in the contact info. If you're using support@sleek-audio.com, try Jason@sleek-audio.com, Mack@sleek-audio.com, or Bill@sleek-audio.com.

Check out this topic if troubles persist.
http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f99/wh...-sleek-377883/

I've forwarded my email to those email addresses. I'm hoping i will get a answer. I'm sure they are very helpful, but if you can't get any communication across then that helpfulness is pretty useless. I'm going to wait and see.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back