S639F VS Fuze...
Nov 30, 2008 at 3:06 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 16

ShootingStars

100+ Head-Fier
Which is better in terms of SQ? I have the S639F. Is the FUZE better?

Nov 30, 2008 at 4:46 AM Post #3 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by emelius /img/forum/go_quote.gif
the fuze definitely sounds better when playing FLAC files...

yea of course flac sounds better then aac and mp3. still cant believe sony doesnt support flac

Nov 30, 2008 at 4:48 AM Post #4 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by emelius /img/forum/go_quote.gif
the fuze definitely sounds better when playing FLAC files...

i use the q1.00 flac -> AAC with my sony walkman... and i use EQ to turn down the muddy bass on my cx500 and the up the bass on the bass-low superfi 3...

which sounds better with EQ on?

Nov 30, 2008 at 3:18 PM Post #7 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by apnk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ok, please explain?

Sounds like trolling.

Nov 30, 2008 at 3:25 PM Post #8 of 16
I prefer the sound of the s639, it seems to have more detail and the fuze sometimes just seems like it's missing something to me. You wouldn't go wrong with either though, I'd suggest a listen to a fuze or clip if you can to compair. The fuze can drive higher imp cans better, but the sony has a better eq.

Nov 30, 2008 at 3:37 PM Post #9 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by ZzBOG /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sounds like trolling.

Not really... not at all, the Clip's EQ is not the best in the world, and Sony has very good EQ. UnEQed they both have very good SQ. Therefore, it'd make sense that the Sony will sound better EQed than the Fuze EQed.

IMO if you already have the S639, there's no need to get the Fuze. It'd probably be more of a sidestep/tip-toe back than anything else. Plus the build quality on the Sony is far superior. Although if you are looking for a very flat response the Fuze would suit that need.

Nov 30, 2008 at 4:45 PM Post #10 of 16
Like I've said before, nothing good comes out of using an EQ. If your headphones are producing muddy bass, then it is time to upgrade the headphones. Keep the EQ flat. EQs only add distortion. Judge the quality of source once you have decent headphones.

And some of you think the fuze is missing something. That's because you are so used to listening to players that accentuate highs and lows.

Nov 30, 2008 at 4:59 PM Post #11 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by DJGeorgeT /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Like I've said before, nothing good comes out of using an EQ. If your headphones are producing muddy bass, then it is time to upgrade the headphones. Keep the EQ flat. EQs only add distortion. Judge the quality of source once you have decent headphones.

And some of you think the fuze is missing something. That's because you are so used to listening to players that accentuate highs and lows.

Touch 2g is neutral and I think it sounds a bit better than fuze, just seems there is a little more presence than the fuze, same with the sony. Of course YMMV as always. Most always I go sans eq, although if the recording lacks dynamics I sometimes use one. Anyways OP I would go to your local BM store and give a Fuze/clip a listen, and see what you think.

Dec 1, 2008 at 2:07 AM Post #14 of 16
If you are looking for sound quality, Sony is better.

Dec 2, 2008 at 2:02 PM Post #15 of 16
I have the clip and the Fuze, clip and Fuze sound nice with the EQ off, horrible with it on. The S639, and my A829 both sound great with the EQ on OR off. But, the S639 sounds BETTER, super clear, detailed, amazing soundstage. Blew me away when I heard it for the first time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back