S:flo2 impressions thread
Aug 30, 2010 at 3:38 PM Post #2,371 of 3,682

Quote:
Hi

Im going to get this, need a decent pair of iems though - would RE0 be a good choice for this player unamped? (can't afford much else)

Thanks

Go to the IEM thread.  You definitely have some options at that price.  RE0, Ety MC5, Brainwavz M1, M2, Sunrise Xcape.  Joker has a huge review of tons of phones by price bracket.

Edit - Forgot about Fischer Silver Bullets.

Aug 30, 2010 at 4:33 PM Post #2,372 of 3,682

Quote:
Go to the IEM thread.  You definitely have some options at that price.  RE0, Ety MC5, Brainwavz M1, M2, Sunrise Xcape.  Joker has a huge review of tons of phones by price bracket.

The Hippo VB's pair very well with the SFLO:2 unamped, and they are only 80$

Aug 30, 2010 at 5:23 PM Post #2,373 of 3,682

Quote:
Hi

Im going to get this, need a decent pair of iems though - would RE0 be a good choice for this player unamped? (can't afford much else)

Thanks

You should probably start another thread, but...

What type of sound signature do you prefer? If you like a mid-oriented/bright headphone, the RE0 will be amazing to you. If you are in any way a basshead, the RE0 will not please you. And the S:Flo 2 is a great player for the RE0 because the S:Flo 2 can pump out a lot of power. 

Aug 31, 2010 at 5:49 AM Post #2,375 of 3,682
I've had an S: Flo2 and still own a Brainwavz M1.

With the latest firmware of the player, this set forms a very good synergy.

Moreover, the Brainwavz M1 without amplification is fantastic and spectacular when amplified.

Cheers,

Peter

Quote:

Edit - Forgot about Fischer Silver Bullets.

Aug 31, 2010 at 12:53 PM Post #2,376 of 3,682

Quote:
violinvirtuoso,
how are your SM3's with an unamped Flo?

I believe you mean S:Flo 2, right?

The SM3's (with SensorCom Biflange Tips) sound amazing out of the S:Flo 2. However, there is an audible hiss on most songs (at normal listening volumes. The pop/clicks at the end of songs is also annoying. If you get this set-up, put the headphones in your ear, or plug in the headphones, AFTER turning on the S:Flo 2. The turn-on sounds can be quite noisy. However, during the song, the sound is great. 

Aug 31, 2010 at 5:58 PM Post #2,377 of 3,682

Quote:
I believe you mean S:Flo 2, right?
The SM3's (with SensorCom Biflange Tips) sound amazing out of the S:Flo 2. However, there is an audible hiss on most songs (at normal listening volumes. The pop/clicks at the end of songs is also annoying. If you get this set-up, put the headphones in your ear, or plug in the headphones, AFTER turning on the S:Flo 2. The turn-on sounds can be quite noisy. However, during the song, the sound is great.

Are these the tips?
http://www.sensorcom.com/product.asp?P_ID=1320&PT_ID=271

Aug 31, 2010 at 6:30 PM Post #2,378 of 3,682
^ No. The tips are Sensorcom BiFlanges. They are not made for Earsonics or by Earsonics, they simply fit and sound great.

I bought my set off of BennyBoy, you want to ask him where he got his. They are similar to this:

http://www.sensorcom.com/product.asp?P_ID=961&PT_ID=298

but they are bi-flanges. You have to trim the stalk a little to get it to fit in your ear. You could always get the tri-flanges and cut the first flange off.

Sep 1, 2010 at 8:47 AM Post #2,382 of 3,682
Quote:
any news on sflo3? its almost a year now since this nice brick was released...

Consider that s:flo2 is still selling pretty strong, I doubt we will see a s:flo3 too soon. But it is still a good idea to check out MP4Nation's forum from time to time since Raz is probably one of the first to know about a T52 in development.

Sep 1, 2010 at 11:13 PM Post #2,383 of 3,682

Quote:
^ They are these ones. http://www.sensorcom.com/product.asp?P_ID=1142&PT_ID=268

Violinv and Hero Kid:
Super thnx ... the sensorcom's I found were fairly pricey, so the actual and way-cheaper ones look a lot more "friendly"
BTW: how do a single pair of them -- durabilitywise -- over the long haul (daily use).
Also, do any of you know whether any Sensorcom tips will fit (and are superior) to Sennheiser IE-8 stock or Comply. If not Sensorcom, then another manuf. perhaps (I saw the Monsters silicones, but they seem a bit $$).
[Sorry -- going offtopic a bit. I'm working on an external and topically dedicated thread; if I ever get around to posting it :) , this forum's webmaster may be able to move this stuff to a dedicated thread, in the IEM subforum.]

Sep 2, 2010 at 1:33 PM Post #2,384 of 3,682
Hi all... who get the leather case? They said they will send it to everyone from 3rd batch preorder. I didnt get the case nor fm transmitter ..... I ordered 28 April, 2010

Users who are viewing this thread

Back