S:flo2 impressions thread
May 12, 2010 at 1:35 PM Post #1,141 of 3,682

Quote:
Didn't you have the USB adapter? S:flo2 sucks up almost 1.5A of power when charging so typical self powered USB won't be able to charge it adequately as they are at most 500mA and usually only goes as high as 250mA (which is 1/6 of what is needed).

No, it only came with the stock buds, USB to mini-USB cable and manual. So you're saying I need an adapter? Argh. What sort of thing do I need?

EDIT - you mean a USB wall charger right? If so i need a 5V 1500mA one correct? Just for charging that is. The self-powered Hub will be fine for just putting music on the player once I've installed the USB drivers correct?

May 12, 2010 at 3:20 PM Post #1,142 of 3,682

Quote:
Swanlee,

Thanks for the info.  I understand completely what you are telling me, but please allow me to ask the question in another way.  Suppose you have Windows Media Player as your music library on your PC.  Will the sflo2 be recognized like the Sansa clip is?  In other words, will the sflo2 show up in the list of devices and then you can sync music into it this way?  Thanks again....

Hi

I have no idea if it will do that, i would suspect probably not as the SFLO:2 is just recognized as an external drive. If windows Media can sync music files to just a plain external drive then it might work.

May 12, 2010 at 4:43 PM Post #1,143 of 3,682
hdtracks.com?

- Ed

Quote:
A little off-topic, but is there a place to get single tracks in FLAC quality? If I plan on buying an album, I just get the CD and rip to FLAC or ALAC, but there are several instances where I just want a song or two from an album...at that point, it seems like iTunes or Amazon MP3 are my only legal options, though they are never higher than 256kbps...

May 12, 2010 at 5:49 PM Post #1,145 of 3,682
deadhorse.gif
Well I finally got my upgrade to 16gb player it took a couple days but i got it at presale price. Raz on the mp4nation forums said the 8 and 16gb slfos should roll in on friday whatever that means to ya, I personally think that means it will ship mon or tues. I for one hope i can use my windows 7 64bit machine to put stuff on the sflo cause if i can't a refund will be in my sights.

May 12, 2010 at 7:32 PM Post #1,146 of 3,682

Quote:
Hi

I have no idea if it will do that, i would suspect probably not as the SFLO:2 is just recognized as an external drive. If windows Media can sync music files to just a plain external drive then it might work.

Not sure if this is what the person asking wanted but I just hooked up the s:flo2 to my computer (Windows 7), opened up Windows Media Player and it detects the player inside of the program as well as lists all the content you have on there (both on-board and SD card content) and when clicking "Sync" at the top right of the window it lists the drives you can sync to as well as you current library on WMP. From there you just drag and sync. 

If you are already accustomed to doing it like this, then you should be good to go. Although the drag and drop method not using WMP couldn't be any simpler. Either way you'll be fine.   

Quote:
Well I finally got my upgrade to 16gb player it took a couple days but i got it at presale price. Raz on the mp4nation forums said the 8 and 16gb slfos should roll in on friday whatever that means to ya, I personally think that means it will ship mon or tues. I for one hope i can use my windows 7 64bit machine to put stuff on the sflo cause if i can't a refund will be in my sights.

Well, I use 7 64bit, so you should have no problems. 

May 12, 2010 at 10:00 PM Post #1,148 of 3,682
Is the only place to buy this mp4nation?  It looks like it is in stock but it seems from this thread that it isn't. 

Anyway.  Upgrading from an iPod Touch.  I have a Fiio E5 I never use as well, should I bother trying to find it if I buy one of these guys?  I listen through Sennheiser HD555s or Grado SR60 ocassionaly, but mostly some HeadDirect RE0, but I'm looking to upgrade to better IEMs eventually.  

Suggestions would be great.   Thanks.

May 12, 2010 at 11:16 PM Post #1,150 of 3,682

Quote:
Is the only place to buy this mp4nation?  It looks like it is in stock but it seems from this thread that it isn't. 

Anyway.  Upgrading from an iPod Touch.  I have a Fiio E5 I never use as well, should I bother trying to find it if I buy one of these guys?  I listen through Sennheiser HD555s or Grado SR60 ocassionaly, but mostly some HeadDirect RE0, but I'm looking to upgrade to better IEMs eventually.  

You can get the T51 (same thing, only goes up to 8gb though) from HouseofDap. That's where I got mine. It's the same exact player (uses the same firmware and everything) only it's not branded for the US, nor does it go up to 16 gb of internal memory; only 8.

I could only afford the 8gb at the time so I got that one. Plus when I got it (over a month ago) it shipped with version 2.0 (which is solid and stable IMO). There's always the upgrade to 2.1 but I haven't thought about that yet. 

May 12, 2010 at 11:19 PM Post #1,151 of 3,682

Quote:

The s:flo2, yes. mp4nation is the only outlet that sells them in the US. Now, the Teclast T51 = s:flo2. mp4nation imports these from the Chinese manufacturer, rebrands them, and provides an additional model (16GB model). If capacity (specifically, on-board, if you are worried about squeezing out all the battery life you can) is a problem then you might be better off pre-ordering one of the 3rd batches from mp4nation and waiting for them to ship. Else, you can order the T51 from other retailers; Namely, eBay, House of Dap, and other Chinese player distributors with a US front.  

I use SR60's with my T51 and came from an iPod Touch. I genuinely prefer the T51 on all counts. (Take that how you may, seeing as I am not that experienced and fluent in all things Head-Fi. Yet!)

Have a pair of MTPC coming in that I'm dieing to try with the T51 as well. I'll let you know what I think if you are looking in the IEM direction.

Quote:
Is the one on mp4nation the newest generation?  I want to make sure I get the newest because it seems most people are still waiting on theirs. 

Newest generation? As far as I know there haven't been any changes aside from the FW. If you meant that, than yes I believe they are shipping with 2.0. 

*Looks like Young Spade beat me to it.

May 13, 2010 at 1:04 AM Post #1,152 of 3,682

Quote:
Surreal.:  
I use SR60's with my T51 and came from an iPod Touch. I genuinely prefer the T51 on all counts. (Take that how you may, seeing as I am not that experienced and fluent in all things Head-Fi. Yet!)

So you prefer the T51 over the S:Flo2 even though they are the same thing?  I thought you said they were identical and a 16G model with upgraded microsd card can have more I believe.  That being said, if they are identical, I am going to get the S:Flo2 and hope my shipment comes in soon.

May 13, 2010 at 1:16 AM Post #1,153 of 3,682
He's comparing T51 to Itouch - S:Flo2 is the same as T51.

Quote:

So you prefer the T51 over the S:Flo2 even though they are the same thing?  I thought you said they were identical and a 16G model with upgraded microsd card can have more I believe.  That being said, if they are identical, I am going to get the S:Flo2 and hope my shipment comes in soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back