S.E.X.! ... amplifier of course
Mar 10, 2006 at 6:54 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 31

iSleipnir

1000+ Head-Fier
After listening to a friends Bottlehead S.E.X. amp I am convinced that I want one. I think its a great amplifier, especially for the pricetag, but I haven't found a lot on it hear, so I wanted to see who else had one, and what people thought of it in general.

So! Please post if you own one, or have heard one and have opinions.

-Slep

Mar 10, 2006 at 12:32 PM Post #2 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by iSleipnir
After listening to a friends Bottlehead S.E.X. amp I am convinced that I want one. I think its a great amplifier, especially for the pricetag, but I haven't found a lot on it hear, so I wanted to see who else had one, and what people thought of it in general.

So! Please post if you own one, or have heard one and have opinions.

-Slep

I had one for about a year.
I enjoyed building it & modifying it. It was fun and educational to hear just what effect each change made. Sounded great with all headphones.
I might build another one someday.

I would suggest buying the Enhanced SEX amp, you're going to end up modding it anyway.
TR

Mar 10, 2006 at 1:33 PM Post #3 of 31
I am curious about the bottlehead amp as well. Their speaker amps are very popular in the Audio Asylum.

Jun 12, 2006 at 1:12 AM Post #5 of 31
The picture they use is enough to make most people want to buy one!
very_evil_smiley.gif

sexnuderedo.jpg

Jun 12, 2006 at 1:32 AM Post #6 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by Todd R
I would suggest buying the Enhanced SEX amp, you're going to end up modding it anyway.
TR

Enhanced SEX is always the best.

Jun 12, 2006 at 1:45 AM Post #8 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by braillediver
If you place an order by phone you can talk to her.

Mitch

That would be Eileen, Doc's Wife.
They are both super nice & very friendly.
biggrin.gif

Jun 13, 2006 at 1:42 AM Post #10 of 31
Whoa, thread ressurection! Well, I ordered mine but I wont get it until I get back from vacation on the 20th at the earliest. I'm really excited. I want to start building now!

Jun 13, 2006 at 9:19 PM Post #11 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by iSleipnir
Whoa, thread ressurection! Well, I ordered mine but I wont get it until I get back from vacation on the 20th at the earliest. I'm really excited. I want to start building now!

How do you know it won't be delivered before the 20th?

Jun 13, 2006 at 10:01 PM Post #13 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by mulveling
Wow, what cable is that on the Senns?

Why, it's the bottlehead cable, of course.
wink.gif

(yep, there really is one)

Jun 14, 2006 at 7:07 PM Post #15 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by kentamcolin
I listened to Todd R's SEX amp at a meet last year and was very impressed. I could have had that amp and not wanted anything else, it was quite good.

Was it the "plain" or "enhanced" S.E.X.? The MagneQuest iron and chokes are supposed to really improve the sound, and was wondering if that is what people have experienced.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back