S-Audio Focus DAC/amp with binaural DSP
Sep 16, 2020 at 8:38 AM Post #16 of 51
Sep 16, 2020 at 10:51 AM Post #17 of 51
How much does it cost?800 usd? Im most interested in the binaural DSP effect it has. How it is? :) If someone just could make an hardware item with stereo to binaural processing or something similar to Smyth Realiser,but at a consumer level, it would be outstanding!
Focus 1 cost was 800 USD, Focus 2 cost is 456 USD.

The binaural processor in Focus 1 was more pronounced but it made more changes to the sound (frequency characteristics). Binaural in Focus 2 is less pronounced but has no influence on the frequency characteristics and is more popular among the listeners now.

Binaural makes the sound go out of your head so that the sounds surround you. It also gives instruments more holographic feeling as if you can see them with closed eyes more clearly. I listen to headphones only in binaural mode and turn it off when I listen speakers.

Sep 16, 2020 at 11:06 AM Post #19 of 51
Yeah, my son is 2.5 years old now and a big Peppa fan and hard into puzzles.)
Haha, excatlythe same! I want a focus 1 or 2! Im so into binaural listening! But 450 usd is still slot without trying before buying:wink: What will you comoare the effect with? Habr u tried the ifi 3d effects? Where are u from? If i only could get one used! Do u know if ny in Norway has it?

Sep 19, 2020 at 1:23 PM Post #20 of 51
Focus 2 pairs well with LCD-2C and HD600.

IMAG1588.jpg

Sep 19, 2020 at 2:11 PM Post #21 of 51
Haha, excatly the same! I want a focus 1 or 2! Im so into binaural listening! But 450 usd is still slot without trying before buying:wink: What will you comoare the effect with? Habr u tried the ifi 3d effects? Where are u from? If i only could get one used! Do u know if ny in Norway has it?
Sorry, I have not tried any other binaural or crossfeed solutions.

As to the Norway, I know a guy in Trondheim who's waiting for his Focus 2 now. I can give you his contacts if you're interested.

Sep 20, 2020 at 3:55 AM Post #22 of 51
Sep 20, 2020 at 4:00 AM Post #23 of 51
Sorry, I have not tried any other binaural or crossfeed solutions.

As to the Norway, I know a guy in Trondheim who's waiting for his Focus 2 now. I can give you his contacts if you're interested.
Yeah,would be cool! Im just really intr in a Focus 2 even if its a littme out of my budget. :/

Sep 20, 2020 at 6:35 AM Post #25 of 51
Sep 26, 2020 at 2:11 PM Post #26 of 51
Sep 26, 2020 at 2:25 PM Post #27 of 51
Hey! Heard anything yet?:)
Sorry, I misunderstood him. He meant he will contact you as soon as he gets it. The postage is hugely delayed for more than 1.5 months because he forgot to order by DHL. Regular Ukrainian post is very slow under quarantine conditions :frowning2:

Sep 26, 2020 at 2:28 PM Post #28 of 51
Sorry, I misunderstood him. He meant he will contact you as soon as he gets it. The postage is hugely delayed for more than 1.5 months because he forgot to order by DHL. Regular Ukrainian post is very slow under quarantine conditions :frowning2:
Damn! Thats alot of time.. BTW, i saw u accidently in another thread. Haha! The guy who made ur headphone makes also IEMs. Where do i find more info about Maxim and his work?

Oct 29, 2020 at 4:27 AM Post #29 of 51
Damn! Thats alot of time.. BTW, i saw u accidently in another thread. Haha! The guy who made ur headphone makes also IEMs. Where do i find more info about Maxim and his work?
Sorry, he has no website and the only information is on Russian-language forums or chats in Telegram. But I can update you when his new model is finally out for sale. It is a hybrid with one AMT driver and one dynamic driver. I've listened to one of the beta versions and it sounds really great. I'm not a big user of IEMs though, I'm a stationary audiophile mostly)

Oct 29, 2020 at 6:13 AM Post #30 of 51
Sorry, he has no website and the only information is on Russian-language forums or chats in Telegram. But I can update you when his new model is finally out for sale. It is a hybrid with one AMT driver and one dynamic driver. I've listened to one of the beta versions and it sounds really great. I'm not a big user of IEMs though, I'm a stationary audiophile mostly)
So he is working on a new one? Does it have the Binaural function? Thats whats most important to me! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back