Rush - Time Machine Tour 2011
Dec 21, 2010 at 6:54 AM Post #16 of 47

Quote:
never seen Rush before, I should really make this happen....

If you're into the music, couldn't recommend more
They're very good live

Dec 25, 2010 at 3:15 PM Post #18 of 47
I started listening to them after I found a VHS recording of the "Grace Under Pressure" tour that my dad recorded off of HBO. 

I was immediately hooked and after listening to 2112, Moving Pictures and Hold Your Fire...I saved up cash and wen't to go see them live. It is amazing how so much music can come from 3 guys. The crazy thing about it is that their live shows sound just like the studio albums 
darthsmile.gif

Dec 25, 2010 at 10:43 PM Post #20 of 47
Sorry about that. Just remember that you are only as old as you feel :wink::D
Heck I'm in my early 20s and I feel like I'm 60 sometimes :mad:

Dec 25, 2010 at 10:45 PM Post #21 of 47

Quote:
Sorry about that. Just remember that you are only as old as you feel
wink.gif
biggrin.gif

Heck I'm in my early 20s and I feel like I'm 60 sometimes
mad.gif

I'll be 39 in 2011....and I feel about 75 today. Great Christmas, but my kids (6 and 2) sure wore me out today.

I remember buying Moving Pictures at the record store....that's right a record store (and I bought the LP).

Dec 25, 2010 at 11:04 PM Post #22 of 47
To the OP, yes they did play all of Moving Pictures which obviously included a song that many long time fans have been clamoring to hear live, The Camera Eye. It was a great concert and they are still rockin'. Having heard two of the new songs from the coming album, I can safely say they are playing about as well as I've heard. I liked both of them but Caravan has a little of the earlier sound which I really like. If you have the chance I highly recommend seeing them live. 

Dec 26, 2010 at 6:21 PM Post #23 of 47

Quote:
To the OP, yes they did play all of Moving Pictures which obviously included a song that many long time fans have been clamoring to hear live, The Camera Eye. It was a great concert and they are still rockin'. Having heard two of the new songs from the coming album, I can safely say they are playing about as well as I've heard. I liked both of them but Caravan has a little of the earlier sound which I really like. If you have the chance I highly recommend seeing them live. 

ah yes, The Camera Eye...

There are so many classic Rush songs. All of their playlists have plenty fantastic songs you're always very happy to see/hear them play. There will always a couple that didn't make it to the setlist.

For me, Subdivisions is the ultimate one. I'm very happy if they play that. Those drumlines, simply one of the best songs ever.
Going to see them for the 3rd time now.

Dec 26, 2010 at 6:23 PM Post #24 of 47
bye the way roadcycler, nice avatar; couple of classics there, 'Waiting', 'Sleep of no dreaming', 'Signify'

Dec 27, 2010 at 9:45 AM Post #25 of 47
biggrin.gif

darthsmile.gif
 They played "The Camera Eye"? 
If they were to play the "Fear Trilogy" - (Witch Hunt, The Enemy Within, The Weapon), I could die a happy man 
biggrin.gif

Dec 30, 2010 at 9:38 AM Post #27 of 47

Quote:
Quote:
bye the way roadcycler, nice avatar; couple of classics there, 'Waiting', 'Sleep of no dreaming', 'Signify'

Thanks. They took over the top spot in my favourite band category a few years ago. A spot that had been held by Rush since about 1979.

I've been following them, going to concerts, from Signify. Actually the newest, The Incident, is my favorite I think. They made so many fatastic albums. Love Blackfield (going to the Dutch concert in april) and No-man also

Dec 30, 2010 at 6:11 PM Post #28 of 47
I've been a casual fan since the late 70's/early 80's, but became good friends with a huge Rush fan 6-8 years ago, he has seen them more than 50 times in the last 20 years. I've gone with my friend to see Rush in concert three times in the last three years, twice at outdoor venues, and most recently at a local indoor arena here in town this past August. The Time Machine tour was great, and I wouldn't mind seeing it again.

May 27, 2011 at 7:01 PM Post #29 of 47
I made this threat just after buying ticket for Rotterdam May 25th 2011, I now revive it after just coming back from the evening.

When I was a 15 year old beginning drummer, I had a teacher who thought me all those crazy, fantastic rhythms. 80% of them were from Neal Peart in Rush songs. Through him, I became a big fan of Rush.
I grew up in my late teenage years and beginning twenties, knowing Rush didn't want to make the journey over the ocean anymore, craving to see them live, but knowing they probably wouldn't get in Europe anymore.

And here I am now, just back from my 3rd Rush concert.
It was great, they played a long show, as usual, played many classics, as usual, played Moving Pictures in complete form, not as usual, played only a part of 2112, as usual. They played 3 instrumentals; YYZ, Leave that thing alone and La Villa Strangiato. I'm very happy with the playlist overall. 2 complete new songs were included.

Sound quality was mediocre. Not really bad, but way too much treble. It's like a Grado without the mids, and you can't turn the volume down. Happy to have silence now.

But they were great, Neal was fantastic as usual. The guys are getting older, but so am I.   They

Here's a part of Neil's drumsolo (he's wearing ATH-M50's with double pads) I captured with my smartphone a couple of hours ago. Don't expect much quality, but it gives an impression.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back