Rupert Neve Designs Announces The RNHP: Precision Headphone Amplifier
May 8, 2019 at 12:42 PM Post #241 of 522
My RNHP is listed for sale on the FS Amplifier forum.

Aug 14, 2019 at 4:06 PM Post #245 of 522
Mm, too bad, a narrow soundstage is a bummer. Thanks for the reply!
Neither thin nor narrow. Maybe the guy who said that is used to 5k+ amps. But this is a 500 euro amp which does stand out from the competition in this price point and surely up to 1k. Neutral is not thin by any means and this of course is part subjective.
Is this the best hp amp you can get? Surely not. Is this the best amp you can get at this price point? Probably yes
Cheers

Aug 14, 2019 at 5:05 PM Post #246 of 522
I think "thin & narrow" is too tough on this amp. It certainly does not have the widest soundstage but narrow is an overstatement. For most listening it's fine. As for "thin", I'd say" detailed". It's unforgiving of bad mastering and brings out the worst of bad recordings. However, with a good, clean source, it's outstanding. Rupert Neve knows more about sound than probably everyone on this thread combined. Before selling him short I'd give him a listen. I use mine frequently. Just my $0.02 worth.

Last edited:
Aug 18, 2019 at 11:26 PM Post #247 of 522
I just got the RNHP for my birthday this weekend and had a little time to compare it to the Schiit Magni 3 before giving it to my wife to wrap as a present. Thin and narrow absolutely does not describe the RNHP, it actually describes the Magni 3 when compared to the RNHP. The Neve is warmer sounding, with significantly more punch (dynamics) in the lower registers. I played some classical orchestral music while switching between the two and the image closed down dramatically on the Schiit. Zeos Pantera of Z reviews even made a passing comment when reviewing the Neve that he felt it had more soundstage than the THX AAA 789. These were all surprising findings for me, since I generally attribute thinness to most IC based amps, but in this case I verified the findings myself.

Aug 31, 2019 at 12:10 PM Post #248 of 522
Better late than never for me :) Money well spent!

https://headfonics.com/2019/08/rupert-neve-designs-rnhp-first-contact/

DSCF1238-1.jpg

Oct 27, 2019 at 4:29 AM Post #249 of 522
Anyone paired the RNHP with a Beyerdynamic T1 Gen 2?

Nov 9, 2019 at 2:12 PM Post #252 of 522
Sorry to revive a fairly dormant thread, I'd be interested in further reflections on this amp after some years it's now been out. In particular, has anyone paired it with the ADI-2 DAC? I'm looking to introduce a little more dynamism into my set-up. I like everything I read about this amp, seems like it could pair well with the RME. Thanks.

Nov 27, 2019 at 3:04 AM Post #253 of 522
Anyone paired the RNHP with a Beyerdynamic T1 Gen 2?

Works very good with T1 first and second edition, i have testet both. The RHNP is at this price tag a excellent amp and in my opinion a perfect match with all dynamic headphones from 20 to 600 Ohm. For Planars i think they are better amps with more power.

Last edited:
Nov 27, 2019 at 9:30 AM Post #254 of 522
Yes, it has significantly improved the sound of many of my headphones. The only downside is the annoying turn-on and turn-off spikes. You'd think for $500 they'd have stuck a relay in there.

Nov 29, 2019 at 4:09 PM Post #255 of 522
Hello I would like to take one of this amp after reading some reviews, to use with beyer dt1990.
Could you suggest me a good dac to pair with it? (I will plug the dac do my pc).

And the psu supplied with this amp is good enough?

Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back