Rupert Neve Designs Announces The RNHP: Precision Headphone Amplifier
Mar 21, 2018 at 10:43 AM Post #211 of 520
FWIW my RNHP has no "whine" from any of the inputs using the power supply provided by Neve (which was designed by Neve specifically for this Amp). Rupert Neve is not going to sell a product that hums. Maybe a problem with the main power supplies of other users. A truly marvelous Amp.

From the Neve product website "Use with supplied power adapter, as this has been carefully selected for best output power and noise performance."

Last edited:
Mar 28, 2018 at 2:17 AM Post #214 of 520
FWIW my RNHP has no "whine" from any of the inputs using the power supply provided by Neve (which was designed by Neve specifically for this Amp). Rupert Neve is not going to sell a product that hums. Maybe a problem with the main power supplies of other users. A truly marvelous Amp.

From the Neve product website "Use with supplied power adapter, as this has been carefully selected for best output power and noise performance."

My two cents,

Depends how sensitive your ears are to high frequency noise but no, it's all personal & subjective.

That's the only personal reason I changed it though I appreciate the extra power in amperage.

Mar 28, 2018 at 2:18 AM Post #215 of 520
RNHP owners, is there any reason for me not to leave the amp on 24/7? I leave my DAC on all the time and it'd sure be convenient if I could day the same with the amp!

Only your power bill.

May 6, 2018 at 2:44 AM Post #216 of 520
Any of u guys had any experience with Gilmore Lite MkII? I've owned my RNHP for 3 months now, really happy with it. But hearing Gilmore Lite MkII at CanJam makes me a bit curious how these two would compare. Plus its a $500 amp too, same MSRP as RNHP.

May 31, 2018 at 6:40 PM Post #217 of 520
Just got this amp,working great,love it. But; I noticed that when I shutdown the amp with headphones connected,I hear a one or two second squeal or whine noise through my headphones. Everything else is perfect. No noise when using the amp, sounds great. Just hear this when I turn off the amp. Just wondering if anyone else has this. Thanks

Last edited:
May 31, 2018 at 8:45 PM Post #218 of 520
Just got this amp,working great,love it. But; I noticed that when I shutdown the amp with headphones connected,I hear a one or two second squeal or whine noise through my headphones. Everything else is perfect. No noise when using the amp, sounds great. Just hear this when I turn off the amp. Just wondering if anyone else has this. Thanks
The amp will make some noise on shutdown and I think also on powering up.
I believe the official recommendation from Rupert Neve is to disconnect your headphones before shut off and don’t reconnect them until after power up.
Or you can leave the amp on all of time as I do.

Jun 22, 2018 at 6:29 AM Post #219 of 520
Anyone use this with a vinyl TT? I’m running a projekt RPM with Ortofon 2M Blue into a Rega Phono MM stage into the RNHP and out to Focal Clears and there isn’t the dead silent black background compared to using Dacs. Significant buzz noise on vinyls after the 50% mark.

Jun 22, 2018 at 10:26 AM Post #220 of 520
Anyone use this with a vinyl TT? I’m running a projekt RPM with Ortofon 2M Blue into a Rega Phono MM stage into the RNHP and out to Focal Clears and there isn’t the dead silent black background compared to using Dacs. Significant buzz noise on vinyls after the 50% mark.

Sounds like a bad ground on the TT.

Feb 7, 2019 at 3:25 PM Post #222 of 520
Waking up an old thread...

Have anyone tried pairing the RNHP with an LCD2.2?
I am getting an LCD2.2 and was wondering if RNHP will be too bright when fed through Chord Mojo.
I am very sensitive to sibilance and can't stand bright sounds.

Feb 7, 2019 at 5:31 PM Post #223 of 520
Waking up an old thread...

Have anyone tried pairing the RNHP with an LCD2.2?
I am getting an LCD2.2 and was wondering if RNHP will be too bright when fed through Chord Mojo.
I am very sensitive to sibilance and can't stand bright sounds.

I've been running a recently acquired RNHP for a few days (not with an LCD) and the only thing I find too bright are the front panel indicators.

No over-emphasis on natural sibilance at all. Top to bottom balance, timbre & texture, nice dynamic flow. My normal desktop resident for dynamic cans is a Woo WA6+.

Feb 7, 2019 at 5:51 PM Post #224 of 520
I've been running a recently acquired RNHP for a few days (not with an LCD) and the only thing I find too bright are the front panel indicators.

No over-emphasis on natural sibilance at all. Top to bottom balance, timbre & texture, nice dynamic flow. My normal desktop resident for dynamic cans is a Woo WA6+.
Thanks for the clarification. I think I can live with the bright LEDs :)

I am thinking of buying through Amazon. Their no hassle return policy is very buyer friendly, just in case.

Feb 7, 2019 at 6:47 PM Post #225 of 520
Thanks for the clarification. I think I can live with the bright LEDs :)

I am thinking of buying through Amazon. Their no hassle return policy is very buyer friendly, just in case.

It's great knowing peace of mind with the Amazon returns policy... personally from experience I don't think you will regret getting the RNHP which I think is a very underrated amp.

Always can buy led black out cover dot tape or half transparent led cover tape for those LEDS if they do distract/ annoy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back