Running with your super.fi 5 pros...
Mar 5, 2006 at 1:47 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

virus67

New Head-Fier
I recently traded my shure e2c's to my brother for his issey miyake cologne bottle, and after long hours of research i decided to order the Ultimate Ears Super.fi 5 Pros. Im confident in my decision from the SQ standpoint but one thing i forgot to check into is running/jogging/biking/any physical activity with these on. I used to run in my e2c's all the time with no problems (after the burn in period that is) but i recall reading that the super.fi series does not sit as deep into your canal as the Shure's do. Will this be a problem for me? Anyone have any experience running with their super.fi 5 pros? The E2c's rarely ever came lose or disloged from my ears and im hoping the sf5p's will be the same...
thanks

Mar 5, 2006 at 1:51 PM Post #2 of 10
Funny, the e2c's kept on falling out of my ears, but the UE's don't. It's dependent on which of the silicone tips you choose. For me, the small ones don't provide a good seal, but the mid-sized ones (the default ones) are fine. UE include foam tips, so those are pretty good as well.

Mar 5, 2006 at 2:46 PM Post #3 of 10
kitaoji - what you said about the super.fi's was reassuring. As far as the e2c's go, did they come out because the actual earpiece slipped for the cable would get tugged alot?
I know my questions a bit subjective because everyone has different ears... anyone else have any experience with this?

Mar 5, 2006 at 4:42 PM Post #4 of 10
I find that running with iems is really annoying cause of the microphonics

they never fell out though (but i'm not using superfi's)

If you get a good seal they probably won't fall out

Mar 5, 2006 at 8:43 PM Post #5 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by smeerkaas
I find that running with iems is really annoying cause of the microphonics

they never fell out though (but i'm not using superfi's)

If you get a good seal they probably won't fall out

foamies usually make the microphonics alot less annoying

Mar 5, 2006 at 9:10 PM Post #6 of 10
the UE were comming out of my ears for a while, then i switched to the deeper tips and they have been perfect for walking/running ever since.

Mar 5, 2006 at 9:15 PM Post #7 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by virus67
I recently traded my shure e2c's to my brother for his issey miyake cologne bottle, and after long hours of research i decided to order the Ultimate Ears Super.fi 5 Pros. Im confident in my decision from the SQ standpoint but one thing i forgot to check into is running/jogging/biking/any physical activity with these on. I used to run in my e2c's all the time with no problems (after the burn in period that is) but i recall reading that the super.fi series does not sit as deep into your canal as the Shure's do. Will this be a problem for me? Anyone have any experience running with their super.fi 5 pros? The E2c's rarely ever came lose or disloged from my ears and im hoping the sf5p's will be the same...
thanks

How greasy are your ear canals?
biggrin.gif
The sf5p's don't really go that deep into the ear canal. But I guess that depends on your ear canal size.

Mar 5, 2006 at 11:37 PM Post #9 of 10
I don't see how they could come out with the memory wires. When I owned them (I got them right after they came out) they did not come out one time during running/hiking/biking/working. Sometimes I would have to readjust them if they got a little moist with persperation, however, but that's the same with any IEM. I found that my old Shure E3cs and my new E4s are a little bit less secure in my ears even though they sit a little bit further in.

Quote:

Originally Posted by GMan4911
But I guess that depends on your ear canal size.

That's exactly right. The SF5Ps went almost as deep in my ears as the E3/E4s did/do.

Mar 6, 2006 at 11:27 AM Post #10 of 10
I would say that i have fairly large ears. With the shures i didnt really like the foamies, instead i fluctuated between the large and medium rubber pieces, mostly the medium but the large did fit as well although they got a little painful when worn for more then an hour. The super.fi's seem to come with plenty of different foam/rubber tips and from what you guys are saying as long as the seal is there their not comming out, and im sure ill be fine.
Thanks alot for all your input.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back