Running a Little Dot Mk 3 or 4 from an Epiphany Accoustic E-DAC
Mar 15, 2013 at 5:56 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

voxx

New Head-Fier
I have an Epiphany Accoustic E-DAC (same as a JDS Labs ODAC) on order and have always wanted to try a Tube Amp.

My question is has anyone had any experience running a Little Dot 3 or 4 from this DAC and what was the sound like. My current headphones are ATH 50's but I'm looking to upgrade to HD 600 or 650's once I have spare funds.

(If you are selling a second hand Little Dot and live in the UK I'm looking to buy one)

Mar 15, 2013 at 7:02 PM Post #2 of 4
I have the Mk iii. It definitely sounds better with a neutral dac imo. My Naim CD5 player (which is quite full/bassy), can sound muddy through the Mk iii. My more neutral Asus Xonar Essesnce ST is a miles better match.

I'm probably going to order the E-dac to go with my other tube amp, but I'm not going to place the order until I know they're in stock. He said "expect to ship 2nd week of march", but still says out of stock on the site.

Mar 15, 2013 at 7:41 PM Post #3 of 4
Yeah I see that they aren't in stock yet. I'm not in a hurry for it as I have a FiiO E07K that I can use as a DAC meantime.I only pre ordered to get the £11 saving. 
smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back