RUIZU A50 HD - anyone know anything about this player? Or what do you think?
Oct 24, 2017 at 11:04 AM Post #46 of 139
Wow I don't know how you found one at that price! I never did. I usually use My Memory because at least it won't be fake. I got one from ebay once that was £20 something and it turned out to be fake. The guy gave me my money back and did not want the fake card... but he continued to sell them which annoyed me. Right now 200 GB cards seem to be giving the best price/capacity ratio.
When you order brand cards from AliExpress and JoyBuy you're usually safe. I ordered several at quite nice prices.
These big sites hate fake products because it gives them a bad name and they want to do business worldwide.
I know JoyBuy has daily/weekly offers that are quite spectacular sometimes.
You have to be quick though.
I bought several DAPs that way for super low prices.

Always keep in mind: if something looks to be too good to be true it usually is. Especially from small sellers.

Nov 15, 2017 at 2:08 PM Post #48 of 139
Hello.

Now I have this little player and I upgraded to the new firmware "RUIZU_A50_M2_20170805", but I don't like the new UI, I can't see all data of each song together.
Are there any possibility of downgrade to the old firmware? I tried to search in Google but I can't find anything, only the new one.

Old Interface:

Old Interface2.jpg

New Interface:

New Interface.jpg

Thank you for your help.

Last edited:
Nov 16, 2017 at 6:16 PM Post #49 of 139
Hello.

Now I have this little player and I upgraded to the new firmware "RUIZU_A50_M2_20170805", but I don't like the new UI, I can't see all data of each song together.
Are there any possibility of downgrade to the old firmware? I tried to search in Google but I can't find anything, only the new one.

Old Interface:

New Interface:

Thank you for your help.

Thanks for adding photos. If you press the back button, will it show the album and song title? Also, I thought the new firmware shows full screen album art?

Nov 17, 2017 at 2:53 AM Post #51 of 139
Nov 17, 2017 at 7:01 AM Post #53 of 139
The file title first scrolls from right to left and then the other informations scrolls up to take it’s place in turn.

Thank you! I like it. Would you mind putting a step by step guide on how to update this? I know someone had tried it and it had not worked. Someone else said, maybe in another thread, something about having to rename a file. It would be good to have simple info in one place. I am not yet awake enough to sort it out :) I have updated other players, so sorry for feeling lazy this morning:) I was up all night listening to music:)

Edited to add:
Is there a list somewhere of all the changes? I could really use a gain setting. I have a few iems that require me to set the volume at 6 or 7 which is crazy. I don't think I have ever put it higher than 20 on the current firmware. Gapless would be great but I know they have not added that.

Last edited:
Nov 17, 2017 at 12:27 PM Post #54 of 139
Thank you! I like it. Would you mind putting a step by step guide on how to update this? I know someone had tried it and it had not worked. Someone else said, maybe in another thread, something about having to rename a file. It would be good to have simple info in one place. I am not yet awake enough to sort it out :) I have updated other players, so sorry for feeling lazy this morning:) I was up all night listening to music:)

Edited to add:
Is there a list somewhere of all the changes? I could really use a gain setting. I have a few iems that require me to set the volume at 6 or 7 which is crazy. I don't think I have ever put it higher than 20 on the current firmware. Gapless would be great but I know they have not added that.

You can download the update here:

https://pan.baidu.com/s/1pLhvF3X

The site is in Chinese so if you’re not using Google Chrome, which can translate it, click on the white button which includes the the lettering (52.4M) and then select the right hand white button in the dialogue box that pops up.

Once I had the download I followed miriddin’s instructions.

miriddin wrote:
I just copied the two firmware files into the root of the microsd and then selected from A50 menu the "Auto Upgrade" command: non program needed at all.

Just be aware that you need to rename correctly the international version of both files! Otherwise they are not regnized!

The correct name of files MUST be:
RUIZU_A50.HEX
RUIZU_A50_M2_20170805.fw

I can’t see any new features in the Settings such as Gain Control and I don’t think the A50 will ever be capable of Gapless playback but I would love to be proved wrong.

Nov 17, 2017 at 12:29 PM Post #55 of 139
You can download the update here:

https://pan.baidu.com/s/1pLhvF3X

The site is in Chinese so if you’re not using Google Chrome, which can translate it, click on the white button which includes the the lettering (52.4M) and then select the right hand white button in the dialogue box that pops up.

Once I had the download I followed miriddin’s instructions.

miriddin wrote:
I just copied the two firmware files into the root of the microsd and then selected from A50 menu the "Auto Upgrade" command: non program needed at all.

Just be aware that you need to rename correctly the international version of both files! Otherwise they are not regnized!

The correct name of files MUST be:
RUIZU_A50.HEX
RUIZU_A50_M2_20170805.fw

I can’t see any new features in the Settings such as Gain Control and I don’t think the A50 will ever be capable of Gapless playback but I would love to be proved wrong.

Thank you so much for getting this info all in one place. I will do this tonight or tomorrow for sure. I use Firefox so thanks for that extra info about the site.

Nov 17, 2017 at 12:39 PM Post #56 of 139
Thank you so much for getting this info all in one place. I will do this tonight or tomorrow for sure. I use Firefox so thanks for that extra info about the site.

It might be worth adding that the two files you need to rename have an "I" in their filename. Also I can't see anyway of reverting to the earlier version as it doesn't seem to be available online anywhere.

Nov 18, 2017 at 10:02 AM Post #59 of 139
I use a Mac so no good for me.
Check page 241 of the "Obscure Chinese DAPs" thread. There's more than enough info there. Easy to find if you just look for it.

...I removed the "_I" part from the names and copied these to a card.
Now the update worked. and after a short time the A50 turned itself off.
I replaced the SD card and restarted it. It was reset to the Chinese language and it started to rescan the SD card...
After the rescan it was easy to set to reselect the English language and all works fine again.

Nov 18, 2017 at 10:18 AM Post #60 of 139
Check page 241 of the "Obscure Chinese DAPs" thread. There's more than enough info there. Easy to find if you just look for it.

...I removed the "_I" part from the names and copied these to a card.
Now the update worked. and after a short time the A50 turned itself off.
I replaced the SD card and restarted it. It was reset to the Chinese language and it started to rescan the SD card...
After the rescan it was easy to set to reselect the English language and all works fine again.

I was merely pointing out that this specific method didn't work on a Mac but as I pointed out above I still did the update without difficulty. I had already "looked for it".

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back