rugged headphones?
Jun 8, 2002 at 6:46 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

alkulig

New Head-Fier
So, if you had to transport your cans in a harsh environment like a bag or backpack stuffed with books, pens and pencils, and other objects of destruction, which headphones would you feel would survive the longest? I'm not necessarily talking about headbands snapping or the like (though that is important), but more with cord integrity (i.e. intermittent connection problems, etc.).

I've read some posts that lean toward the V6 or Senns in this regard, but I wanted to devote this thread to the topic and get some ideas. Sound is not the essential ingredient here, but is obviously important (I have a pair of Sony MDR-V200 I bought ages ago that I am confident will outlast myself, but I can't listen to them for more than 5 minutes...)

All thoughts are appreciated

Thanks!
Alex

Jun 8, 2002 at 7:35 PM Post #2 of 4
The Sony MDR-V6 are definitely very solid. I only have some Grados to compare them to, but I can't imagine many headphones being built better unless there's an all-titanium pair out there or something. They fold up nicely, too, which should make them even better for lugging around in a bag. They also come with a pleather carrying case, so if you actually care about protecting them from your pencils, etc ...

kerelybonto

Jun 8, 2002 at 10:39 PM Post #3 of 4
Sony MDR-V6.......I've had two pair for over 10 years and both have been tossed around a lot. They still look and function as new (except, of course, for the pads). Solid is an understatement!
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 9, 2002 at 2:11 AM Post #4 of 4
ETYMOTIC
what headphone can you washing in the washing machine TWICE!!!
you could probably get away with standing on them
definately get away with throwing them against the wall, probably
sit on them , sure

these are tough little buggers

evil_smiley.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back