RSA The Lightning F-35, fully balanced portable amp Review: 35 more F-35 amps at intro price . . .
Apr 22, 2014 at 3:15 PM Post #226 of 261
  you should consider comapre the porthphile 627x against the rsa lighting 

check it out

http://www.headfonia.com/portaphile-micro-untexan/

http://www.headfonia.com/possibly-the-best-the-627/

I have used the expensive OPA627BP nine years ago in my XP-7 in conjunction with BUF634 & offered it 10 years ago with my first amp the HR-2 as an option. It is a great chip but it has high input noise which I won't recommend it in now a days portable amp that are designed for IEMs.
I read both of the links but I see no mention of the F-35, the lightning, which has some of the best lowest input noise op-amps that work great with IEMs. Also the lightning can swing in balanced around 32 volts p-p which is well needed to drive hard Ortho phones.
Ray

Apr 22, 2014 at 4:11 PM Post #227 of 261
I have used the expensive OPA627BP nine years ago in my XP-7 in conjunction with BUF634 & offered it 10 years ago with my first amp the HR-2 as an option. It is a great chip but it has high input noise which I won't recommend it in now a days portable amp that are designed for IEMs.
I read both of the links but I see no mention of the F-35, the lightning, which has some of the best lowest input noise op-amps that work great with IEMs. Also the lightning can swing in balanced around 32 volts p-p which is well needed to drive hard Ortho phones.
Ray

if only we knew what opamps are u
sed in lightning so we can compare all of the specs.

Apr 23, 2014 at 6:12 AM Post #228 of 261
Apr 23, 2014 at 4:03 PM Post #229 of 261
I can't even believe that people still read headphonia
rolleyes.gif
Seriously who finds their review fair and honest?

Apr 25, 2014 at 1:05 AM Post #231 of 261
Can you expand on this?  What's going on with Headphonia?  Are they shady because they sell products?

Just to clarify, are you guys talking about headfonia.com or headphonia.com? These are two different sites.

Apr 25, 2014 at 6:43 AM Post #232 of 261
  Can you expand on this?  What's going on with Headphonia?  Are they shady because they sell products?

Oh, I must apologize, my comment was based on this website: http://www.headfonia.com/

As you can see I made a mistake and misremember the name. I don't know about Headphonia but I checked the website I think it is from headstage manufacturer which makes Arrow portable amp.

As for the headfonia, I rather not to discuss here, my plain comment would be, just read their reviews and tell me these guys can be serious on this. Long time ago I stopped reading it and I don't even miss them.

May 18, 2014 at 7:46 AM Post #236 of 261
If you gonna use it with amp why do you need F35? I don't get it what am I missing? Get M8 then, you can use its line out to add amp to the link but I don't really see the point of getting M8 and adding extra amp.

May 23, 2014 at 6:00 AM Post #237 of 261
Can anyone tell me the correct wiring for the Kobiconn for this amp ?
I'm switching my cables over to the style of plug.
Assuming the clip hole is "up" and the plug is installed on its side to allow better cable management....
What would
be for LR +/- in the RSA plugging system ?

{ EDIT : Incorrect numbering system annotated photo for Kobiconn plug removed }

May 23, 2014 at 6:26 AM Post #238 of 261
  Can anyone tell me the correct wiring for the Kobiconn for this amp ?
I'm switching my cables over to the style of plug.
Assuming the clip hole is "up" and the plug is installed on its side to allow better cable management....
What would
be for LR +/- in the RSA plugging system ?

Balanced connector pins assignment:

Pin # one is Positive signal of left channel. Pin # three is the Negative signal of the left channel
Pin # two is the Positive signal of the right channel. Pin # four is the Native signal of the right Channel.

NOTE: Your number assignment seem to be incorrect.  Please follow the embossed number assignment  beside the soldering pin of the male connector/plug. 

May 23, 2014 at 7:34 AM Post #239 of 261

Balanced connector pins assignment:

Pin # one is Positive signal of left channel. Pin # three is the Negative signal of the left channel
Pin # two is the Positive signal of the right channel. Pin # four is the Native signal of the right Channel.

NOTE: Your number assignment seem to be incorrect.  Please follow the embossed number assignment  beside the soldering pin of the male connector/plug. 

I saw that already and can make no sense of the schematic drawing.....so that is why I posted a real plug with numbers attached and not a technical drawing which I cannot figure out is up down left or right view !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back