RSA SR71b, quad mono balanced. img. 1 & 17 Review pg 32, 34, 68, UPDATED 4/2013 for Improved sound.
Jan 31, 2011 at 6:06 PM Post #601 of 1,194
Wolf, no I have not tried to switch the JH13 cable.  Because when I switch the SR71b amp to other amps like Protector, Pico Slim, Mustang, SR71a, and Predator, I did not hear those graininess.  But I could try to use my TWag jh13 just to give you an idea.

Jan 31, 2011 at 11:55 PM Post #602 of 1,194
Wolf, switching cable does change the characteristic of the sound but the graininess still there.  

Feb 2, 2011 at 4:57 PM Post #603 of 1,194
Has anyone else noticed that when the SR71b's battery dies, the power light stays on?  I'm not sure if this happens every time, since I usually charge it before it dies, but I've noticed this happening at least once before. 

I've checked the amp with multiple sources, and it does seem dead even though the light is on.  Kind of confusing, and makes me concerned that my unit is defective...

Feb 2, 2011 at 10:02 PM Post #605 of 1,194
The LED uses almost nothing to stay on so don't worry if the light is on but no sound.
The chips require higher voltage to produce signal.
Just charge the battery & enjoy your SR-71B my friend.
Cheers.
Ray Samuels

Feb 3, 2011 at 3:24 PM Post #606 of 1,194
Thanks for clarifying, Ray.  I don't remember noticing this issue with the Protector.  It's not a big deal, but it would be useful if the LED light went out with the amp's battery power so it would be a true indicator of power.  Or, some kind of battery power gauge or low power warning would help.

Feb 15, 2011 at 1:56 PM Post #607 of 1,194
Ok, I take back what I said about the SR71-b having less radio frequency interference than the Protector.  It's probably about the same.  There are noticeably loud punches of static whenever a phone touching or very close to the SR71b is trying to establish reception.

Is there some kind of easy fix for this, like a material I can wrap around the amp?  I just got an iPhone, and right now it looks like the SR71b won't really be useable with it, since I listen on the subway...where my phone is constantly trying to re-establish a signal.

Feb 15, 2011 at 2:37 PM Post #608 of 1,194
The only easy fix I know is called flight mode but that's not very usefull I'm afraid

Feb 16, 2011 at 12:19 AM Post #609 of 1,194
Very impressive - I have the SR-71A - and am thoroughly happy with it. This is the next step for the Black-birds - glad to see it is given the attention it deserves

Feb 16, 2011 at 2:20 AM Post #610 of 1,194

Quote:
Ok, I take back what I said about the SR71-b having less radio frequency interference than the Protector.  It's probably about the same.  There are noticeably loud punches of static whenever a phone touching or very close to the SR71b is trying to establish reception.

Is there some kind of easy fix for this, like a material I can wrap around the amp?  I just got an iPhone, and right now it looks like the SR71b won't really be useable with it, since I listen on the subway...where my phone is constantly trying to re-establish a signal.

This EM Shield works perfectly and slips between the amp and phone (maybe inside the case if there is room) - http://www.quickbridgesolutions.com/

Feb 16, 2011 at 12:58 PM Post #612 of 1,194
Quote:
The only easy fix I know is called flight mode but that's not very usefull I'm afraid

Quote:
This EM Shield works perfectly and slips between the amp and phone (maybe inside the case if there is room) - http://www.quickbridgesolutions.com/

...or ditch the iphone 
biggrin.gif

Feb 16, 2011 at 2:34 PM Post #613 of 1,194
Yeah, I've only had the iPhone for 2 days but I'm already regretting it.  iTunes might be the worst piece of universally-used software ever created.  I used to be able to drag and drop songs onto my iPhone in iTunes, but for some reason my songs got wiped yesterday and now I have to add songs to my Library first before they can be added to my iPhone.  Anyone know what I did wrong and how to fix this?

Way OT, I know...but not worth creating a new thread for.

Feb 16, 2011 at 3:33 PM Post #614 of 1,194
I've never heard that one could drag n drop anything to an iDevice via iTunes, it always had to be added to the iTunes library first before it could be synced, but maybe there is something I don't know.

My iPhone is an on the go simple portable device and I never use it with an amp so I don't have the rf interference problem

Feb 16, 2011 at 4:24 PM Post #615 of 1,194
Quote:

perhaps Patrick82's favorite - ERS fabric.
http://www.stillpoints.us/Stillponts/Products.html

Users who are viewing this thread

Back