RSA SR-71A Malfunction
Nov 29, 2008 at 6:54 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

Cormega

New Head-Fier
Okay guys, I may be a a little arrogant here but my SR-71A suddenly stopped working. The amp still powers on with the red LED emitting but I get no sound.
I moved my headphones, interconnect, and my D2 to my other amp then worked fine without any problems. This may sound hilarious but could it be dying battery? I noticed that the LED got a little dimmer
confused.gif
but I could be totally off. One other problem I noticed was that as I was listening to my music, the bass started to distort extremely bad then "boom" no sound but power stayed on. I hope I gave enough information for you guys. I just hope this problem can easily be solved. Thanks.

Nov 29, 2008 at 7:04 AM Post #2 of 14
You need to change or recharge your batteries. I had the same problem and I totally freaked out too
smily_headphones1.gif

Do not panic, just go grab some new batts.

Nov 29, 2008 at 7:55 AM Post #4 of 14
Nothing is wrong, your battery is low. Just replace the batteries and it will work again.

Nov 29, 2008 at 8:13 AM Post #6 of 14
Yeah, the batteries are clearly out of steam. Replace with fresh ones, or recharge if they are that kind.

Nov 29, 2008 at 5:52 PM Post #8 of 14
The thread's title freaked me out. But I've have had the same issue with my SR-71A when the first pair of batteries died during a burn-in session.

Nov 29, 2008 at 6:01 PM Post #9 of 14
I guess its time to install a little reactor in the 71A. No more power issues. Maybe you could light up the whole house and listen to music. 8^)

Nov 30, 2008 at 12:40 AM Post #10 of 14
My first experience when my SR71A ran out of power to drive my HD650 also the same. The LED was still shining bright. But I had a pair of Duracell next to the Fischer Ni-MH. Switching them into the amp and then I got my music back again.

Unlike the D2 Boa (already sold out), the LED indicator seems to give us better clue. when the battery is die.

Nov 30, 2008 at 3:51 PM Post #11 of 14
FYI - that is the typical behavior on MOST if not ALL headphone Amps I have tried.

You should change the title to be "What to recognize as time to change the batteries or recharge them" or just "Signs of a Low Battery".

Cheers!

Nov 30, 2008 at 3:52 PM Post #12 of 14
FYI - that is the typical behavior on MOST if not ALL headphone Amps I have tried.

You should change the title to be "What to recognize as time to change the batteries or recharge them" or just "Signs of a Low Battery".

Cheers!

Nov 30, 2008 at 3:58 PM Post #13 of 14
No, it's broken. Just send it to me since it is no longer working.

Nov 30, 2008 at 4:10 PM Post #14 of 14
any portable amp will do that. an led is much easier to light than HP are to drive. as it gets low the bass in particular will start to distort and then poof dead. this is a good thing too, because if it didn't die like that any device with a virtual ground will have depleted one side more than the other and DC offset will kill your HP's only ones that wont have the DC offset issue are amps with a single cell battery. I cant think of many of them

Users who are viewing this thread

Back