RSA Raptor DAC Synergy?
Jan 12, 2010 at 12:42 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

dasmodul

100+ Head-Fier
Raptor owners, do you recommend any stand-alone DACs that have great synergy with a Raptor?

Jan 12, 2010 at 1:49 AM Post #2 of 5
I could not be happier with my Cullen IV modded DLIII and the Raptor. It has tremendous dynamics and detail, as well as being incredibly musical. I start to get withdrawel symptoms if I don't get enough listening time.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 12, 2010 at 4:59 AM Post #3 of 5
Thanks Wharfrat, the DL III looks very promising. Just finished reading up on it. I"m now checking out the Cullen site. How do the mods affect the original DAC? Is it an improvement in detail, soundstage, etc?

Jan 12, 2010 at 2:29 PM Post #4 of 5
I have never heard the original, only the modded version. They do have link to a review of both by 6 moons on the Cullen site. I figured I might as well just shoot for the top. I love mine, but from what I've read the stock version is very good.

May 19, 2010 at 9:38 PM Post #5 of 5
I just got my Ayre QB-9 (had been using a Cambridge Audio DACMagic that I borrowed from the system in the family room) and it is shockingly good.  $2,500 is a lot of dough for a DAC, and I haven't heard the Berkeley or the Weiss Minerva, but I would say that the Ayre is a bargain at that price.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back