RSA MUSTANG P-51 . little amp BIG sound . image 1, 28, 30, 55, 59, 61 Reviews, 30, 34 . Post images . Monitors pg 1
Nov 18, 2008 at 6:56 AM Post #136 of 1,220
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lil' Knight /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I wonder which one is better? The new Xin Reference or the P51? They now have equal price which makes me torn apart.

Stay with proven reputable dealers. It'll mean less headaches and more time with your purchased gear. Besides, dealers displaying consistency and dependability should be rewarded for their efforts.

Nov 18, 2008 at 4:54 PM Post #139 of 1,220
Skylab has given this amp an overwhelmingly positive review, and according to him, this is even better than the Predator. Can anyone else back this up - is this amp on par with the Predator's amp?

Nov 18, 2008 at 5:15 PM Post #140 of 1,220
Quote:

Originally Posted by robojack /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Skylab has given this amp an overwhelmingly positive review, and according to him, this is even better than the Predator. Can anyone else back this up - is this amp on par with the Predator's amp?

Hard to do before it's officially released unless you're lucky enough to have one of the review units.

Nov 18, 2008 at 6:16 PM Post #141 of 1,220
Robojack,

IMO - it is better than the predator. I thought that the predator was too dark and warm, the P51 is a much more neutral and balanced amp.

Lil Knight,

I would stay with proven retailers when dealing with something that could get broken. It is one of the major reasons why I never really bothered looking into the singlepower amps (other than they just haven't really done it for me).

At any rate, if anyone finds themselves at Northwestern U. feel free to PM me and you are more than welcome to listen to whatever you like.

Can't wait to get mine!

Nov 18, 2008 at 6:42 PM Post #142 of 1,220
If you leave the Predator on all the time I think you will notice a change in sound. For me, the sound more open and transparent if the unit is left plugged in until use. This goes for most solid state, IMHO. ONSH.

Nov 18, 2008 at 8:39 PM Post #143 of 1,220
Quote:

Originally Posted by Usagi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Stay with proven reputable dealers...

While it is true that Xin has been "out of it" for the last 18 months your statement makes him a non-reputable dealer. Something that IMO he is not.

His amps following the 18 month hiatus are shipping and they are sounding pretty darn good.

As far as Ray, well what can I say. He is superb with his customers, ships faster than fast, his amps are built like tanks, just a wonderful individual to deal with. Yes I am a fan boy of Ray's products.

Nov 18, 2008 at 9:45 PM Post #145 of 1,220
I would imagine that if state that you would like to choose the color but are sending in the preorder, that it will be accommodated. Or just email or call Ray.

Nov 18, 2008 at 10:40 PM Post #146 of 1,220
Skylab says: "The Mustang, according to Ray, can deliver more than 2 times the amount of current that a Tomahawk can. Pretty impressive."

That would seem to imply that the P-51 will synergize even better than the Tomahawk with low impedance cans, like Grados, right?

Nov 18, 2008 at 10:48 PM Post #147 of 1,220
It would seem so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back