RSA Hornet users, please chime in
Aug 18, 2014 at 11:39 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

bluepowder

New Head-Fier
I recently found my long lost hornet in one of my moving boxes and I'm overjoyed that I still have it. However, I don't have the charger that came with it, so I have 3 questions that I hope you could answer.
(1) I have a power supply with the following specs, input:120 VAC 60Hz 15W, output: 12VDC 600mA. AC Adapter Class 2 transformer. Can I use this as a power supply for the hornet? If not what kind of charger do i need to buy?
(2) I know that the power supply doubles as a battery charger for the 9v as well. Can I use the hornet with the power supply without a battery inside?
(3)I found a tysonic 250 mAh 9v battery in the hornet. I reckon I havent used this in about 5 years. Probably recharged it 100 times before then. Do I swap out the battery?

I'm being cautious here because of the warning that says things will explode if not done correctly:)

Thanks in advance

Dec 28, 2014 at 3:29 PM Post #2 of 2
Easy fix to your problem, call Ray directly. He will get you the correct charger. He can run the serial number and tell you if it is a "Modified" Hornet or not. If it is not, it is worth while sending it to him for the update. He is a nice guy, very personable. Do it right the first time and eliminate any issues down the road from using wrong charger. You have a fantastic amp. There is really no need to ever purchase a new model or different brand. Best of Luck......

Users who are viewing this thread

Back