Type
For Sale
Currency
USD
Price
May 8, 2013 at 2:45 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

warp08

Headphoneus Supremus
This is a perfectly functional Apache headphone amp.  I'm guessing it's 2-3 years old, I got it in the same condition about a year ago, but have not used it enough.

I'm rating low cosmetically because of the top plate of the PSU, where surface scratches can be found due to the spikes being dislodged from their bases occasionally, as it happens on trade shows, etc.  This is just my guess.  Replacing or recoating that plate would solve this problem, of course.

Mechanically and functionally everything is fine and I could see or hear no issues.  Only minor issue is that the volume pot became a bit loose in the sense that it can be moved a tad from side to side, i.e., there is a bit of "play."  My guess is that it would be a simple fix to tighten it inside, but I'm not qualified and I have not the time to have it shipped back to RSA and have it fixed.  But the pot works perfectly aside from this issue so I left it alone.  I have the spikes and the umbilical cord as well as the RSA boxes.

I took some crappy pictures--sorry, I was in a rush--without breaking the amp out of the rack.  I'm willing take others from more angles and outside the rack, if there is a serious buyer requesting it, but for now, I did my best to describe the overall condition accurately.  I would recommend considering to ship this to RSA since it may or may not have the latest "C" upgrades, which I believe the company does free of charge.

Price:  I am pricing this very low simply because I do not have the time to listen to it, nor to have it serviced and the plate replaced to be able to sell it for more.  If you want a perfectly functional Apache and willing to overlook the cosmetics, this is a steal. The price is FIRM and I will pay for PayPal and shipping charges within the continental US.  

PLEASE DO NOT SEND ME OFFERS, THEY WILL BE IGNORED.  I WILL KEEP THE AMP IF I CAN'T SELL IT AT THIS PRICE!

May 8, 2013 at 5:04 PM Post #2 of 4

Pustik

100+ Head-Fier
Ygpm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread