RS-1 + Rudistor amps?
Jun 6, 2004 at 6:24 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

Dan the audioman

1000+ Head-Fier
Does anyone know how the Rudistor amps (RP3, RP4, RP5) would perform if they were driving RS-1's? Would there be good synergy? Any of you Rudistor owners have any comments?

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards,
Dan

Jun 6, 2004 at 8:13 PM Post #2 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dan the audioman
Does anyone know how the Rudistor amps (RP3, RP4, RP5) would perform if they were driving RS-1's? Would there be good synergy? Any of you Rudistor owners have any comments?

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards,
Dan

Hi Dan,

the first RP5 (standard version) I had I listened with the RS-1... the combo was very, very GOOD !!!

Now I have no more the RS-1, and my RP5 Reference sound incredible with the HD 650. But (as I said), the RP5 has the two trimmers regulators for the two kinds of tubes, the E88CC and the ECC86, these last tubes has a very warm sound and (IMO) goes very well with low impedence cans as the Grados...

Best!
Nicola

Jun 7, 2004 at 1:15 AM Post #3 of 11
Thanks Nik!

Do you think that the RP3 or RP4 would have good synergy with the RS-1's aswell?

Best Regards,
Dan

Jun 7, 2004 at 6:36 AM Post #4 of 11
Hi,

all the RP series are beautifull projects and built and projected by the same designer... just different versions for different prices... I find the same signature sound in all the RP series amps. So even the "little" RP3 goes very well too with the Grados cans...

Best!
Nicola

Jun 7, 2004 at 7:50 AM Post #5 of 11
nik , can you define a bit the signature ?
I've got hd650 , I want to know if I can get a natural sound and air with the rp5 ( i don't want an " incredible" or engaging sound , i just want it natural , bass extended , not coloured..)
thanks

Jun 7, 2004 at 8:36 AM Post #6 of 11
The most natural and neutral sound with big soundstage and airy I have found with the HD 650 comes from the RP5 Reference amplifier. Period !!!

Best!
Nicola

Jun 7, 2004 at 12:50 PM Post #8 of 11
Hi boodi,

after a long history and a lot (A LOT) of headphoes and amps. I think that the Omega/Egmont is the best system on the planet, surely the best FOR ME and in my experience (but reading the last Maryland meeting...). So any system compared to this is not at the same level... but I can tell you that between the dynamic systems, the HD650/RP5 is one of the most coherent, natural sound and "similar" to my dream electrostatic system.

Best!
Nicola

Jun 7, 2004 at 2:19 PM Post #10 of 11
I just realized I dont have time to complete this review anytime soon...besides its mostly only listening impressions that I have to write about...and I think there are enough in there already to keep you guys happy...

You can download the partial review here :-

Rudistor RP5 Reference Review Download Link

Cheers and sorry about the "incompleteness" of this review but I have too many things on hand at the moment...a more complete review will be finished in a week or two and published...hopefully it gets bumped upstairs
tongue.gif
LOL

eggosmile.gif

Jun 9, 2004 at 9:32 AM Post #11 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dan the audioman
Thanks Nik!

Do you think that the RP3 or RP4 would have good synergy with the RS-1's aswell?

Best Regards,
Dan

Hi Dan!

I've got an RP3 and RS-1 and sound pretty nice
wink.gif

but I'd like to try the RP4 (and the RP5)...

J|!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back