rs-1 problem
Jul 16, 2002 at 5:46 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

NotoriousBIG_PJ

Step 1: Plug power cable into wall. Step 2: Plug other end of power cable into....umm.... Step 0.5: Order something to power with power cable.
I have noticed on my pair that when voices get really intense, the voice becomes more predominent on the left side. What would cause this?

Biggie.

Jul 16, 2002 at 9:48 PM Post #2 of 10
I have noticed a similar thing. To me certain (intense) sounds from the left side seem much more forward than the rest. I found it very distracting. However, when I tried wearing them reversed, expecting to experience the same thing through my right ear I was surprised because it didn't happen.

confused.gif

Jul 16, 2002 at 11:53 PM Post #3 of 10
When I reverse it, it happens in the right ear. It took me a while to notice this, but now that I have, I think about it all the time.
frown.gif

I love their sound so much but this problem annoys me to no end hehe.

Biggie.

Jul 17, 2002 at 12:31 AM Post #4 of 10
Quote:

Originally posted by NotoriousBIG_PJ
When I reverse it, it happens in the right ear. It took me a while to notice this, but now that I have, I think about it all the time.
frown.gif

I love their sound so much but this problem annoys me to no end hehe.

Biggie.

My RS-1s have no such problem. If it is very apparent then what you can do is run a 1khz tone through the headphones and check with a sound level meter for driver imbalance on each side. If the left and right drivers vary at all, I would say you have a problem especially when Grado specs the RS-1 drivers to within 0.05 decibels of each other.

Jul 17, 2002 at 2:37 AM Post #5 of 10
Where can I find a sound level meter? I can make the vocal problem dissapear if I wear the left cup more upfront so it is further off my ear, but then I notice that bass impact suffers on the left a bit.

Biggie.

Jul 17, 2002 at 12:47 PM Post #7 of 10
I double-checked after reading these disturbing posts, but I'm not able to detect any imbalances between the L and R channels after extensive testing.

Jul 17, 2002 at 5:13 PM Post #8 of 10
Quote:

Originally posted by El Scorcho
I double-checked after reading these disturbing posts, but I'm not able to detect any imbalances between the L and R channels after extensive testing.

Its not that disturbing hehe. I might order some comfy pads and see how those work..

Biggie.

Jul 24, 2002 at 1:21 AM Post #9 of 10
I fixed the problem!

My headband was not bent properly.
frown.gif

I blame customs hehe..

It took and hour and a half of 'tweaking', but I got the sound perfectly balanced left and right to my ears.
smily_headphones1.gif

Biggie.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back