Roxy headphones by JBL
Sep 12, 2009 at 2:48 PM Post #2 of 11
They really are just a terrible looking version of the JBL Reference 220... I think they look horrible.

Sep 12, 2009 at 3:49 PM Post #3 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by z50j /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I cant believe no one posted these here
they've been in the market for a long time

On Ear Headphones - Roxy

Doesn't surprise me - they look awful.

Sep 13, 2009 at 4:31 AM Post #4 of 11
I saw the Roxy in ears at the apple store, before my daughter bought the Skull Candy at Best Buy instead.
redface.gif
(face of shame - son with Stax Lambda and HF-2 yet both daughters like Skulls)

Sep 13, 2009 at 5:37 AM Post #5 of 11
Idk... i can see how these would appeal to their target audience.

And lol@Larry. Maybe your audiophile genes skipped your daughters. A mostly Y chromosome thing?

Sep 13, 2009 at 2:16 PM Post #6 of 11
My point on posting these here is because people, kids like me actually, mostly by based solely on looks

besides they look good for my age group, for girls I mean, and they have audiophile sound coming out of them

think about this
GS1000 looks worse ccompared to that IF you have no clue on headphones

Sep 14, 2009 at 4:59 AM Post #7 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by A_Dying_Wren /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Idk... i can see how these would appeal to their target audience.

And lol@Larry. Maybe your audiophile genes skipped your daughters. A mostly Y chromosome thing?

Yah, my wife doesn't care about the sound either.
ph34r.gif

Sep 16, 2010 at 4:32 PM Post #8 of 11

Quote:
I saw the Roxy in ears at the apple store, before my daughter bought the Skull Candy at Best Buy instead.
redface.gif
(face of shame - son with Stax Lambda and HF-2 yet both daughters like Skulls)

Out of curiosity, did you're son work for those? Im not sure how old he is. In my head he's the luckiest 16 year old right now, but he could be a pretty well off 25 yr old.

I remember buying my first pair of SR60s, my dad was about to beat me when he found out I spent more than 15 dollars on headphones.

Sep 16, 2010 at 6:10 PM Post #9 of 11

Out of curiosity, did you're son work for those? Im not sure how old he is. In my head he's the luckiest 16 year old right now, but he could be a pretty well off 25 yr old.

I remember buying my first pair of SR60s, my dad was about to beat me when he found out I spent more than 15 dollars on headphones.

He had some money saved from my social security disability for the HF-2, I gave Jim the Lamba before that, along with Millett starving student amp and Nuforce Icon/SRD-7 transformer.

Sep 16, 2010 at 8:14 PM Post #10 of 11

Quote:
and they have audiophile sound coming out of them

I doubt it. Also, I would prefer the GS1000 over these, even if I'm under 18. I'm classy like that
biggrin.gif

Even before I became more aware of better headphones, I tried not to buy any colourful crap.
They make you look like a kid, and you are supposed to be acting like an adult at this age anyways.

Dec 11, 2010 at 1:43 AM Post #11 of 11
TJ Maxx had Roxy JBL 250s for $7.00 on clearance.  I picked up a pair for my fiancee, and she said they sounded terrible.  I put them in and started listening to "I still haven't found what I'm looking for" from The Joshua Tree (320kbps Mp3) and while the bass was indeed weak and almost non-present, the guitars at the beginning were like pieces of crystal.  I tried the other earpieces that came with them -- still bad.  I dug into a drawer and pulled out my old Razors from Woot, put those earpieces on the Roxys - totally different sound.  Guitars still clear and vibrant, and the bass was boosted at least 60%.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back