Rose Technology Discussion & Impressions Thread
Feb 2, 2018 at 8:45 AM Post #1,098 of 1,255
Hi everyone, how are the Mini2 owners getting on? Considering to jump on the bandwagon if reliability is alright. So far my only experience is with KZ (indestructible ATR, lousy 2pin contacts on ZS3).

Feb 2, 2018 at 10:15 AM Post #1,099 of 1,255
Not sure about the Mini2 but my Mojito is starting to come apart after just about a year. Fairly disheartening to be honest, especially since if you scroll back in the thread you'll see me raving about both the Mojito + Masya and how I thought Rose's QC problems were exaggerated...

Feb 2, 2018 at 12:19 PM Post #1,100 of 1,255
My original Mojito is still holding up well at least, save a bad cable. I keep wanting to try the Mini2, but never really heard enough about it to push me into buying it.

Feb 2, 2018 at 1:50 PM Post #1,101 of 1,255
Not sure about the Mini2 but my Mojito is starting to come apart after just about a year. Fairly disheartening to be honest, especially since if you scroll back in the thread you'll see me raving about both the Mojito + Masya and how I thought Rose's QC problems were exaggerated...
I'm not going to tell you "I told you so"...

I'm crossing fingers that my Cappuccinos MK2 hold together as long a spossible, because these are by far my favorite daily IEMs.
Epic bass that goes so low and doesn't invade mids at all, you can feel the pressure. Very airy presentation with broad soundstage.
There are no other true L-shape IEMs that I know of currently, and they're very comfy.

I save my Sirius for home use with my Opus #1, and my AK T8iE are being used more rarely.

Feb 2, 2018 at 1:56 PM Post #1,102 of 1,255
I'm not going to tell you "I told you so"...

I'm crossing fingers that my Cappuccinos MK2 hold together as long a spossible, because these are by far my favorite daily IEMs.
Epic bass that goes so low and doesn't invade mids at all, you can feel the pressure. Very airy presentation with broad soundstage.
There are no other true L-shape IEMs that I know of currently, and they're very comfy.

I save my Sirius for home use with my Opus #1, and my AK T8iE are being used more rarely.

Yeah man, I agree. I've been babying mine as much as possible. If it comes apart I'll be out $300 :frowning2:

Feb 2, 2018 at 11:14 PM Post #1,103 of 1,255

Thank you for sharing! I will keep it on hold and fingers crossed their QC improves :)

Feb 3, 2018 at 12:58 PM Post #1,104 of 1,255
Yeah man, I agree. I've been babying mine as much as possible. If it comes apart I'll be out $300 :frowning2:

Not really *out $300. Just paid a slightly higher /hr rental rate.

Thank you for sharing! I will keep it on hold and fingers crossed their QC improves :)

To be fair, my wood Masya still rocking though. So it's hit or miss.

Feb 3, 2018 at 7:46 PM Post #1,105 of 1,255
It is certainly hit and miss, my Cappuccinos MK2 have been doing wonders for a year since one of the drivers crapped out and was replaced after 3 months.
And replacing the stock 2-pin SPC cable with a higher end TripleFi Nobunaga cable brought some tightness to the bass.
Maybe I should have kept the MMCX sockets to make cable choice easier, because it is very hard to find cables for their prominent 2-pin design, because these are cable that were made mostly for TripleFi 10.

Feb 23, 2018 at 3:26 PM Post #1,106 of 1,255
Well, I wasn't a big believer in Rose quality, but now I can confirm it is sub-zero level...

My Cappuccinos MK2 right dynamic driver starts to crap out after 15 months, exactly like the left one had done after 3 months (I had to insist to get it repaired for free at the time).
3 Rose IEMs (Cappuccino, Capuccino MK2, Hybrid 7) ==> 5 failures in 3-12 months time period. All 3 pairs are now dead. And this excluding some cable failures.
Warranty is obviously out, if there was ever one.
A close friend Rose Pudding is dead as well (broken 2-pin connector on the shell).

I have never ever had any IEM break before this brand came onto the market.

Seriously, I'll be blunt and I don't like it because I usually stay polite, but these Rose guys are bloody amateurs and they would be better off doing something else than selling 300+$ IEMs that fall apart within a year of careful use!

I'll make sure to report this to Penon so they can decide on their own whether they keep selling a brand that gives them so many aftersale issues (I know Rose keep blaming customers openly for mistreating their IEMs when they get returns, which shows little to no concern for quality).

Last edited:
Feb 23, 2018 at 3:51 PM Post #1,107 of 1,255
So far, I've had more issues with Hifiman quality than I have Rose, but we're only talking 3 Rose products and... well... 12 Hifiman, 3 of which were defective. My Pudding has a phase issue, but that's really just an annoyance with most cables. For Hifiman, one was forgetting to use any glue to hold the IEM together, so that lasted maybe a week. Another was a completely dead side on delivery, so out some extra money shipping back to Penon. The last was an odd case. I had bought a used Supermini off our for sale forums, and contacted them about a firmware update issue. My understanding is somehow someone had sold me one of the prototypes, so they sent me a new one to replace.

The Mojito and Masya seem to be fairing better than their upper end IEMs, as I don't often hear about issues with either of those two.

Feb 23, 2018 at 4:10 PM Post #1,108 of 1,255
The Mojito and Masya seem to be fairing better than their upper end IEMs, as I don't often hear about issues with either of those two.
That may have to do with earbuds being designed differently from IEMs (blunt shell shape, cables worn down that put less lateral stress on connectors, no cross-over since dynamic-only, no nozzles to break with filters that can fall-off etc etc...).

Most earbuds are harder to destroy, generally speaking.

Feb 23, 2018 at 4:29 PM Post #1,109 of 1,255
I have been speaking with some guys who want to start a new brand of IEMs. I am trying to convince them to develop an IEM to rival the Cappuccino Mk. II. I'll update you folks about my findings if I ever get anywhere.

Feb 26, 2018 at 12:52 AM Post #1,110 of 1,255
Recently published my review of the Rose Hybrid 7 MKII here. I've had a fantastic experience with Rose's previous products, the Mini 2, BR5 MKII and Masya and seem to have gotten pretty lucky with those regarding QC . Unfortunately, I can't say the same for the Hybrid 7 MKII; my unit had an appalling construction with rampant glue marks and even some permanent marker.

L5hLzBb.png

The sound is pretty wonky, but may still suit some listeners just as the Kinera H3 was a perfectly listenable earphone despite its strange tuning. In particular, the 7 MKII has a super punchy bass tuning combined with a crisp high-end. It has forward vocals (but otherwise recessed midrange) that serves to counteract its v-shaped signature. Hope my review helps some readers out. In full honesty, I would personally give this IEM a pass as there are significantly more coherent V-shaped earphone around the same price such as the iBasso IT01 and more balanced earphones such as Rose's own Mini 2. Still, some will enjoy the 7 MKII's bass&treble boosted + vocal forward presentation, it's certainly quite a unique sounding earphone.

dsc08634.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back