Roon now has Audeze presets.
Aug 25, 2017 at 9:53 AM Post #2 of 2
Yes I saw it yesterday and have been playing with it. I have an LCD-4 driven by a Headamp GSX Mk2. Previously I've used Roon EQ to bump up rresponse by 1-2 db in the "presence" range (4Khz to 8KHz), and controlled clipping by adding 3db of headroom. With the LCD-4 setting I turn the EQ and headroom adjustments off. I've also asked Audeze to tell me what precise calibrations their Roon preset does for the LCD-4.

My initial impression is that the overall adjustment by the Audeze calibration is more of an 'across-the-board' change than my very 'presence focused' EQ adjustment I personally made. There seems to be a bit more upper midrange energy than the unadjusted LCD-4 sound, but the overall soundstage also seems to be a bit closer and mid and upper base is a bit more punchy. This has not resulted in any negative sonic artifacts (e.g., boominess, excessive sibilsnce, etc.) that I can hear...yet. So all-in-all, my reaction to the Audeze Roon calibration for the LCD-4 is positive and I will continue to play with it. That said, which setting is closer to "absolute natural sound" is something I don't know and I look forward to getting everyone else's reaction.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back