Romi Audio - The official thread
Jan 26, 2021 at 1:45 AM Post #361 of 928
Been going back and forth with the Stellia and M15 so I don’t get confused (stock pads) the bass seems a bit more controlled with the BX-2 but not overpowering, overall I don’t really get that much change in the Stellia. Do you find they are better with a desktop amp or not much change?
I just have the BX-1 amp. And here it is an overall better sound for me, compared to the DAP only (LPGT ti)

anyways, thanks for your impressions and keep them coming :)

Jan 26, 2021 at 2:27 PM Post #362 of 928
Hi, I missed the BX-2+ that one of the fellow head-fi guy sold here on head-fi. If anyone of you guys live in US and want to part of their BX-2+ please shoot me a PM. Thank you!

Jan 26, 2021 at 4:21 PM Post #363 of 928
The only negative is that the Abyss TC will suck the battery fast on high gain (didn't exactly time it honestly :) ) but it'll be a dynamic and low-end filled fun listen! :jecklinsmile:

On high gain do you hear any hiss with 1266? I hear a bit of hiss with D8000 Pro and less with Solitaire P. Low gain is totally black but doesn’t have the magic of high gain.

Jan 26, 2021 at 4:41 PM Post #364 of 928
On high gain do you hear any hiss with 1266? I hear a bit of hiss with D8000 Pro and less with Solitaire P. Low gain is totally black but doesn’t have the magic of high gain.
I’m surprised there is hiss with the Solitaire P, there is very little hiss with Utopia on high gain.
Whoo, just checked the specs, Utopia has similar sensitivity and impedance

Last edited:
Jan 26, 2021 at 4:49 PM Post #365 of 928
@DarginMahkum Is the hiss still to be heard when music plays at low volume?

Last edited:
Jan 26, 2021 at 4:58 PM Post #367 of 928

Now that you mention it, yes there is a soft low hiss on high gain but it's not audible when music is playing. :)

But this little guy always makes me get lost in the music, I love it! :beyersmile:

Last edited:
Jan 26, 2021 at 5:51 PM Post #368 of 928
Ha! Always, it took 25 pages this time!
Hiss is not noticeable with the Utopia while music is playing
Yes, I turned my initial sentence in a more constructive way. I do hear some very slight hiss on high gain with sensitive IEMs as well, but it’s normal and it vanishes while music is playing. Moreover, it was just to test how little « noisy » the BX2+ is, as I don’t need high gain for them.

As long as music playback is not impacted by hiss at normal or even low volume level, it’s all good, isn’t it? *rhetorical question*

Last edited:
Jan 26, 2021 at 6:07 PM Post #369 of 928
@DarginMahkum Is the hiss still to be heard when music plays at low volume?

Actually it is static, it is there with the volume turned off. With the music on, it is less noticeable. But if you are listening to some silent passages, you hear it. Less with Solitaire. If you are listening to some fusion or rock, you don't really notice it if you don't focus. Maybe it is just my unit? Because my headphones are not sensitive at all.

I will check HD800 tomorrow.

Jan 26, 2021 at 6:16 PM Post #370 of 928
Actually it is static, it is there with the volume turned off. With the music on, it is less noticeable. But if you are listening to some silent passages, you hear it. Less with Solitaire. If you are listening to some fusion or rock, you don't really notice it if you don't focus. Maybe it is just my unit? Because my headphones are not sensitive at all.

I will check HD800 tomorrow.
What do you mean by the volume turned off? You have the amp on and the volume pot in the lowest position, right?

Ok, if you are experiencing hiss while your non-sensitive headphones are playing, I see 3 options:

1) you have the golden ear, namely a blessing and a curse

2) cable/connection issue

3) your unit hisses more than the others

Check the HD800 and revert to us with your impressions

Jan 26, 2021 at 6:23 PM Post #371 of 928
What do you mean by the volume turned off? You have the amp on and the volume pot in the lowest position, right?

Ok, if you are experiencing hiss while your non-sensitive headphones are playing, I see 3 options:

1) you have the golden ear, namely a blessing and a curse

2) cable/connection issue

3) your unit hisses more than the others

Check the HD800 and revert to us with your impressions

I don't think I have golden ears. :darthsmile: The hiss is there even when I don't connect an input and volume is all the way down. I also hear some music on the right side when the volume is completely down Only in high gain, though. Low gain is super clean.

I will check tomorrow.

Jan 26, 2021 at 6:26 PM Post #372 of 928
I don't think I have golden ears. :darthsmile: The hiss is there even when I don't connect an input and volume is all the way down. I also hear some music on the right side when the volume is completely down Only in high gain, though. Low gain is super clean.

I will check tomorrow.
Ok, check that for us. Back from my holidays next week, I also will test with IEMs and headphones.

Jan 26, 2021 at 7:11 PM Post #373 of 928
Mainly using it with Diana V2 and no hiss at all using high gain. For IEMs, I’ve only tried itsfitlab Fusion using low gain, and I couldn’t hear any hiss neither.

Jan 26, 2021 at 10:35 PM Post #375 of 928
Do you get any noise with your campfire cascades on low gain? I am getting some on mine, unsure if it’s normal or my unit is faulty...

Just checked, Cascades are quiet on low gain, no noise, clicks or hisses at all. Only a soft low hiss on high gain that is inaudible when music plays. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back