rolls amps - any good for a beginner
Apr 5, 2004 at 4:27 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

butkovsky

New Head-Fier
i have some other questions littered throughout the forums here, but if i end up going and getting an amp for my computer (audigy), would this amp suit my needs. using some senn 280's? just looking for an improvement over my current performance.

should i be looking at something else in the low price range i am looking at?

HERE IS THE AMP

thanks

Apr 5, 2004 at 4:43 AM Post #2 of 6
I don't know anything about the Rolls amp. However, other amps you should consider are the used Supermini or Mint, both can be found for $50 to $90, depending on version/build.

Apr 5, 2004 at 1:35 PM Post #3 of 6
Generally, these headphone amps/mixers with multiple outs aren't that good for listening to music. They're usually geared towards recording studios where you need to monitor a bunch of musicians. Sound quality is terrible on the really cheap ones.

You'd be better off getting a CMoy or spending a bit more to get a MINT. There are members here, such as eyevanscu, that can build something tailored to your needs. Or as some1x mentioned, looking around the For Sale forum might net you something in your price range.

D.

Apr 5, 2004 at 5:13 PM Post #4 of 6
My father has a rolls amp he found at Guitar Center real cheap that he uses when he's mixing plays and stuff and doesn't want to haul around his racks. It's horrid for music. It has a lot of noise and all and all just sounds shrill and cheap. I'd stay away.

Apr 5, 2004 at 5:17 PM Post #5 of 6
I had this amp (sold it on eBay).

The answer to your question is a firm "no"... steer clear of it. As Demolition mentioned, you'd be better off by far with a Mint or CMOY.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back