Roll call: Indians staying in India, interested in high end headphones/IEMS
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 23, 2015 at 4:30 AM Post #2,236 of 4,743
Would bring all that equipment in at one go create an issue at customs?

I was made to open stuff up at the airport so they could inspect my EHHA amp a couple of years ago. I was heading out with it though, so no question of duties of any sort. Just the inconvenience of undoing the packaging, understandable since it wasn't the most friendly looking thing around. 

Apr 23, 2015 at 6:59 AM Post #2,237 of 4,743
  Hi Guys..
Big shout out to all the Head-Fiers from India.
We at Headphone Zone are planning a meet up later this month, and just wanted to get a gauge of the interest on which city / cities would be a good place to start. We're based out of Mumbai, Bangalore and Chennai and would love to organize a meet up for the community to get together. We're gonna be carrying with us some new products from Audeze, FiiO, V-MODA, ComplyFoam, RHA, Klipsch and others,....It would be great if you guys could maybe let us know if you would be like to join us at the meet up so we can get an aproximate head count, and maybe which city you are from? 
Thank you.

Chennai!

Apr 23, 2015 at 1:37 PM Post #2,238 of 4,743
  Hi Guys..
Big shout out to all the Head-Fiers from India.
We at Headphone Zone are planning a meet up later this month, and just wanted to get a gauge of the interest on which city / cities would be a good place to start. We're based out of Mumbai, Bangalore and Chennai and would love to organize a meet up for the community to get together. We're gonna be carrying with us some new products from Audeze, FiiO, V-MODA, ComplyFoam, RHA, Klipsch and others,....It would be great if you guys could maybe let us know if you would be like to join us at the meet up so we can get an aproximate head count, and maybe which city you are from? 
Thank you.

Great to see Headphone Zone here at head-fi. 
Where do you plan on keeping the meet up? Staying in Delhi/ NCR, we head-fiers here always get the feeling that we're left out of any and all headphone / personal audio related events happening in India; we don't even have a good store/ outlet to hang out at! Would love to attend the meet, but depends on date and location. Any date in Delhi/ NCR is obviously a no-brainer. 

Cheers

Apr 23, 2015 at 2:17 PM Post #2,239 of 4,743
Hello,
I am new here and have been reading quite a lot here, on reddit and on head-fi about budget options available when it comes to bookshelf speakers+amp or powered speakers or even floorstanders.
Could somebody recommend me what should I get for max upto 20,000 INR for full setup...I mean if amp is required then amp+speaker.
It will mostly be used for music i.e. Indian classical, classical, classical crossovers, ambient, avant grade, neo-classical, trip-hop, soundtracks and pop orchestra.
So the most important aspect of the speakers should be sultry seductive mid-range and good soundstaging and imaging....say something like HD650s but with lot detail but it should not be ear-scratching sibilant details.
bass should should be tight and controlled...quality is important than quantity
anyway...deep low end is not an issue if I wont find base suited to my need i will add a sub later on in future although I am more of a midrange-soundstage-imaging whore than a good-thumping-window-pane-shaking-bass whore.
please do reply i am really confused

Apr 24, 2015 at 12:50 AM Post #2,240 of 4,743
  Hello,
I am new here and have been reading quite a lot here, on reddit and on head-fi about budget options available when it comes to bookshelf speakers+amp or powered speakers or even floorstanders.
Could somebody recommend me what should I get for max upto 20,000 INR for full setup...I mean if amp is required then amp+speaker.
It will mostly be used for music i.e. Indian classical, classical, classical crossovers, ambient, avant grade, neo-classical, trip-hop, soundtracks and pop orchestra.
So the most important aspect of the speakers should be sultry seductive mid-range and good soundstaging and imaging....say something like HD650s but with lot detail but it should not be ear-scratching sibilant details.
bass should should be tight and controlled...quality is important than quantity
anyway...deep low end is not an issue if I wont find base suited to my need i will add a sub later on in future although I am more of a midrange-soundstage-imaging whore than a good-thumping-window-pane-shaking-bass whore.
please do reply i am really confused

Massdrop keeps getting Listen by Simple Audio usually at around $150-200 and they ship to india too, it is a great option for 20000inr, and although they do not have it now, i suspect they will be selling it again soon.

Apr 24, 2015 at 2:58 AM Post #2,241 of 4,743
Me! But won't home till August and Ganesh probably owns everything I have. But if there's something in my profile page that you'd like to try I could bring it down when I'm there.

Just got a Denon D5000, quite stoked, can't wait to get home and try it out
smily_headphones1.gif

Anyone know where I can get a pair of pads cheap for these? They're Lawton modded and quite old, so the headband and the pads are peeling off a bit, cups have a few tiny scratches. Still a steal!

That's an impressive inventory RambleOnRed!!   I will be interested in listening to LCD Fazor.  This is one of the ideas that I had when I researched about the planar mags.  I guess others were also thinking about the same!! 

Thanks for the offer and it will be wonderful to meet someone with similar interests.

Cheers.

Apr 27, 2015 at 1:18 AM Post #2,243 of 4,743

That's an impressive inventory RambleOnRed!!   I will be interested in listening to LCD Fazor.  This is one of the ideas that I had when I researched about the planar mags.  I guess others were also thinking about the same!! 

Thanks for the offer and it will be wonderful to meet someone with similar interests.

Cheers.

Shouldn't be a problem. Although like I said Ganesh has the higher end versions, not a fan of both the X's but the LCD3 is sublime!

HD 700 going for Under 30k on flipkart.

That's cheaper than the US rates isnt it? Not a headphone for everyone, but sounds like a great deal.

Quick question to all the andrioid users out here. I've been on the OS for about a year now, and just re-contracted my line and got a new phone. I've been using "USB Audio Player Pro" since it used to work well with my ALO International DAC/AMP when I still had it. Music through the the same app sounds a bit dry on the new phone, I downloaded the free version of the Onkyo HF Player, and things do seem to liven up a bit. Are my ears playing tricks on me or has anyone else noticed differences in playback with the app being used?

Apr 27, 2015 at 2:44 AM Post #2,244 of 4,743
Quick question to all the andrioid users out here. I've been on the OS for about a year now, and just re-contracted my line and got a new phone. I've been using "USB Audio Player Pro" since it used to work well with my ALO International DAC/AMP when I still had it. Music through the the same app sounds a bit dry on the new phone, I downloaded the free version of the Onkyo HF Player, and things do seem to liven up a bit. Are my ears playing tricks on me or has anyone else noticed differences in playback with the app being used?

Theoretically, both apps stream digital PCM over USB to the DAC. So I guess they are not making any alterations to the sound unless they are using some sort of DSP/EQ.

Apr 27, 2015 at 2:52 AM Post #2,246 of 4,743
  No external DAC in this case. S6 Edge as the source and IEMS. 

In that case, yes, the sound does vary across apps. I have not used Onkyo HF player but noticed differences between Neutron and Poweramp on a Galaxy S3.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back