Roll call: Indians staying in India, interested in high end headphones/IEMS
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 3, 2020 at 1:38 PM Post #4,741 of 4,743
Hmm, since its a DIY design quality of final sound will depend a lot upon component chosen, bias point and matching of devices (as its fully discrete).
Sure that will definitely make a difference.
This Sapphire was assembled in India and I guess the person who made it, still assembles diy amps. The components were probably all RJM but I'm not sure about this.
The amp was stacked between the mjolnir 2, Violectric v200 and an old beta 22 with its PS that someone from mumbai had lugged along.
Anyway, we all liked the v200 best. I'd have to admit against my own embarrassment that 3 of four times in blind tests I called the v200 a beta 22 which i thought would sweep the floor amongst these. Sure the beta 22 was in my top two as its a good sounding amp but oh boy; if you're listening single ended then v200 is a solid champ esp so with iems. The tesxture, detail and control is just stupid good.
The only gripe with the v200 is that its se and does not do balanced.
The mjolnir (with LISST) was ultra bright compared to the v200 which was smooth af. The sapphire was pretty good but bright when pushed with larger headphones.
We used a border patrol dac and an mhdt pagoda for the test.

Last edited:
Jun 3, 2020 at 2:13 PM Post #4,742 of 4,743
Sure that will definitely make a difference.
This Sapphire was assembled in India and I guess the person who made it, still assembles diy amps. The components were probably all RJM but I'm not sure about this.
The amp was stacked between the mjolnir 2, Violectric v200 and an old beta 22 with its PS that someone from mumbai had lugged along.
Anyway, we all liked the v200 best. I'd have to admit against my own embarrassment that 3 of four times in blind tests I called the v200 a beta 22 which i thought would sweep the floor amongst these. Sure the beta 22 was in my top two as its a good sounding amp but oh boy; if you're listening single ended then v200 is a solid champ esp so with iems. The tesxture, detail and control is just stupid good.
The only gripe with the v200 is that its se and does not do balanced.
The mjolnir (with LISST) was ultra bright compared to the v200 which was smooth af. The sapphire was pretty good but bright when pushed with larger headphones.
We used a border patrol dac and an mhdt pagoda for the test.
Was it all silver chassis which sapphire written on front? If most probably that assembler would be me :) interesting you found sapphire to be bright, though I had tried v281 last year and found it to be warm.. I guess it's different tonal preferance..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back