Roll Call for Headroom LA tour
Jun 29, 2002 at 10:14 PM Post #5 of 22
OOOhhhh....I'm going to have to borrow your R10's to try out with the EAR HP4 (my dream headphone setup)

Jul 2, 2002 at 5:46 AM Post #7 of 22
I'll be there volunteering. Look forward to seeing you all.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 2, 2002 at 6:27 AM Post #8 of 22
Quote:

Originally posted by Edwin
I'll be there with my R-10's. If anyone from Head-Fi would like to try them please just introduce yourself.

Edwin

Whoa, way cool, it would be interesting to hear the r10's... I'll be there.

Jul 3, 2002 at 8:13 AM Post #9 of 22
Oddly...I am not looking foreward the most to hearing the big-buck electrostats, but the headroom blockhead. (the only attainable headphone amp for me) I also want to hear the K-1000's really bad. I'll also be glad to compare all of the under 500$ amps. I wonder if anyone will be bringing a melos or a microzotl. Muahahaha...i must bring my D-25S too...if any thing, just to plug it into the orpheus
very_evil_smiley.gif
I'm also bringing my HD600's and K501's to see which one sounds better with uber-powered amps. I wish we could use our own sources instead of the meridian...simply because I want to see what stuff sounds like with my own equipment. I'm debating about wether or not to bring my Audio Alchemy transport / Art DI/O setup.

Jul 9, 2002 at 5:22 AM Post #10 of 22
Should I bring my whole setup with me? I just got it to sound really nice...and it definetly beats my old HD600/ASL MG Head/Denon 370 combo...

My current combo is:

Audio Alchemy CDP---->Diy MOSFET ---->HD600's. I might have my Art DI/O by the time the tour comes to LA also.

Does anyone really want to hear this combo? Or can I just relax only bring my K501's and HD600's?

Jul 9, 2002 at 5:34 AM Post #11 of 22
Tyll (or was that Todd?) said somewhere that they're not going to let people connect amps in the stands to other sources and the other way around too (so no D-25S into Orpheus or Melos into the BAT player...) because it is messy enough as is. Um, just felt like spoiling the fun, I guess. You should check with them though.

Jul 11, 2002 at 4:04 AM Post #12 of 22
If I can I plan on stopping by for a quick look at all the great stuff. If nothing else it will be cool to tell people at work that I tried on a pair of $12,000 headphones...
biggrin.gif

Jul 12, 2002 at 4:03 AM Post #13 of 22
I hope to be there too! Probably later...about 3:00. Looking forward to meeting you all!

Jul 12, 2002 at 7:19 PM Post #14 of 22
I will be there from probably 12 or 1 till who knows when. I'll be bringing my W2002s. It'll be great to audition different amps before purchasing!

Jul 13, 2002 at 5:05 AM Post #15 of 22
Just wondering, does anyone know whether this exhibit is outdoors or indoors? Is it free? Is the parking free? Will there be any food?

Its probably going to be hot so I just want to be prepared as I'll probably ride my bike...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back