Roland RD300sx e.piano advice
Aug 1, 2008 at 6:35 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

anoobis

500+ Head-Fier
Hi,
Anyone else own or have experience of the Roland RD300sx stage piano? General thoughts on it are welcome but I'm particularly interested in what you make of the keyboard action. I've found that it degrades quickly such that the keys become loose and 'clicky'. Anyone else?

Aug 5, 2008 at 6:27 AM Post #2 of 5
bump

Aug 5, 2008 at 1:37 PM Post #4 of 5
Thanks for the link.

I can only go off demo-ing when I was trying to pick an instrument (rather than long term use) but I found the Yahama action a bit hard. When the Rolands are working well (read properly) I like the action. Seems Yamaha might be better in the long run though.

I'm off to yell at Roland UK. Again.

Apr 13, 2021 at 9:04 AM Post #5 of 5
This is a general problem in a weighted digital piano, the newer rd-2000 is better and Kawai tend to last the longest (same as Korg, but Korg feels bad right out of the box), the newly released lower-end pianos like rd-88 might have the same problem, since they use the same action as the fp30. The worst one I have ever experienced is the Native-Instrument's s88; they feel great, like my Kawai's, but degrades pretty fast. The best one I have used is the newer Nord grand, but still becomes slightly loose in some keys after a year of heavy use

Users who are viewing this thread

Back