Rogue Audio RH-5 Impression Thread
Nov 18, 2016 at 2:16 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 718

Monsterzero

Headphoneus Supremus
Just got off the phone with one of the dudes over at Rogue Audio as i own one of their speaker amps and he brought this new product to my attention.

http://www.rogueaudio.com/New.htm

Based upon the specs what do yall think?

Apparently its going to retail for 2500.00 give or take

Dec 10, 2016 at 12:57 AM Post #3 of 718
Based just on the page, it looks nice. The mu-follower isn't novel, but is proven to sound fine. Great input and output options, and their amps that I have seen in person seem very well made. Price feels steep. I'm sure I'm just reinforcing what you already know, but you're going to have to find one to demo. Should make for a fun time!

NK 

Dec 15, 2016 at 12:44 PM Post #5 of 718
I suspect it will be nice...they used The Abyss as the headphone benchmark during development,and while I cannot afford an Abyss I have heard it can be hard to drive correctly.

May 31, 2017 at 1:03 PM Post #7 of 718
There really should be more RH-5 love! Listening currently with the HD800s and I like it a lot. Running it to a rega CD player and listening to Dire straights. we got the top off in the store to show off the goods :)

May 31, 2017 at 6:42 PM Post #8 of 718
There really should be more RH-5 love! Listening currently with the HD800s and I like it a lot. Running it to a rega CD player and listening to Dire straights. we got the top off in the store to show off the goods :)
It would be nice to compare this amp to some other well known products. I would love to hear the comments.

May 31, 2017 at 7:48 PM Post #9 of 718
Well
It would be nice to compare this amp to some other well known products. I would love to hear the comments.

I will do that some time soon. I get used to using some pieces over and over that I forget that I have special things all around me.... would love to use this as a phono pre amp, but I believe we got ours as a standard Pre

Jun 2, 2017 at 12:54 PM Post #12 of 718
IMG_6935.JPG

Listening to a Gustav Mahler piece right now
through the Utopia's. the RH-5 takes the edge off the really high notes. Definetly get tube warmth but by no means is it over bearing. I am going to figure out a way to make it more accessible to our other gear to try and do a more sufficient A/B. I think a good comparison would have been against the Hugo TT, but we sold our demo unit the last week or so. Hmmmm

Jun 2, 2017 at 3:01 PM Post #13 of 718
Huge Rogue Audio fan, but I'm going to have to hear this one. I'm really satisfied with my Feliks Euphoria, but you never know!

12AU7s might not cut it though !

Last edited:
Jun 3, 2017 at 12:31 PM Post #14 of 718
Listening to a Gustav Mahler piece right now
through the Utopia's. the RH-5 takes the edge off the really high notes. Definetly get tube warmth but by no means is it over bearing. I am going to figure out a way to make it more accessible to our other gear to try and do a more sufficient A/B. I think a good comparison would have been against the Hugo TT, but we sold our demo unit the last week or so. Hmmmm

This is great. Thanks for posting!

Nov 14, 2017 at 1:04 PM Post #15 of 718
How is the rh5 working out? Just got off the phone with a shop in pa that was pushing them hard. Do you think the rh5 is a better match for the sennheier 800s than a $2000 solid state amp? Very limited imfo about the amp.
Thx Luke

Users who are viewing this thread

Back