Rogue Audio RH-5 Impression Thread
Oct 19, 2021 at 5:47 PM Post #316 of 718
Let the fun begin. . .

20211019_164650.jpg

Oct 19, 2021 at 6:20 PM Post #318 of 718
Let us know how you like it.

I actually received a email this past weekend from the Cable Company letting everyone know that they had a full stock of the new Purple Fuse from Synergistic Research.
For sure man!

I just fired it up to make sure all is good, and we have power. :smile: Also, I took a quick listen and the first thing that jumps out, is how black the noise floor has become. When the music is paused, I can't even tell the amp is on, and that's with my VC (which easily reveal noise if it's there).

I got mine from here and highly recommend this company. They have outstanding customer service and ship super fast. https://highend-electronics.com/products/synergistic-research-purple-quantum-fuses

I will report back after some burn-in.

Last edited:
Oct 19, 2021 at 8:43 PM Post #319 of 718
For sure man!

I just fired it up to make sure all is good, and we have power. :smile: Also, I took a quick listen and the first thing that jumps out, is how black the noise floor has become. When the music is paused, I can't even tell the amp is on, and that's with my VC (which easily reveal noise if it's there).

I got mine from here and highly recommend this company. They have outstanding customer service and ship super fast. https://highend-electronics.com/products/synergistic-research-purple-quantum-fuses

I will report back after some burn-in.
Inquiring ears want to know…

Oct 19, 2021 at 10:05 PM Post #321 of 718
Oct 20, 2021 at 5:19 AM Post #322 of 718
Inquiring ears want to know…
So, I have had the fuse burning in all night, and just woke up to have a listen. . .and wow I can already hear another dimension has been added to the sound, as in the depth front to back has increased in the stage and mids are more lifelike sounding with even more insane vocals. The instruments and vocals are more fully fleshed out, and there is an ease to the sound, and I hear more detail and the transients are still lightning quick. . .The background is absolutely black, and as a result I hear more reverb and micro details way out wide and all over the holographic stage with my VC. I am hoping and expecting the sound to open up even more and can't wait to hear it after some more burn in (recommended 200 hours). So far, I am digging the changes and black background. :smile: It really is amazing how black the background has become!

More to come. . .

Last edited:
Oct 20, 2021 at 6:50 PM Post #323 of 718
I am on my second listening session with the Purple fuse, and oh my word! I can't believe what I am hearing, and I mean I am hearing everything like I am there. I really can't believe what this fuse has done to the overall performance of the RH-5! I am stunned with what I am hearing :astonished:, and I am constantly saying in my head while listening. . . "How is this possible?" . . . "Damn I have never heard that before!". . .and "Wow that sounds so freaking real it's scary!". This fuse is a must for this amp folks. I only have about 15 hours on this fuse, and I am telling you folks this is a legit upgrade to the sound in every way possible. I can't wait to hear the amp once this fuse is completely burned-in.

It's absolutely nuts how good this amp sounds right now! :smile:

Last edited:
Oct 20, 2021 at 6:57 PM Post #324 of 718
I am on my second listening session with the Purple fuse, and oh my word! I can't believe what I am hearing, and I mean I am hearing it all like I am there. I really can't believe what this fuse has done to the overall performance of the RH-5! I am stunned with what I am hearing :astonished:, and I am constantly saying in my head while listening. . . "how is this possible?" . . . "damn I have never heard that before!". . .and "damn that sounds so freaking real it's scary". This fuse is a must for this amp folks. I only have about 15 hours on this fuse, and I am telling you folks this is a legit upgrade to the sound in every way possible. I can't wait to hear the amp, once the amp is completely burned-in. This is absolutely nuts.
My audio non-EE muse is telling me: since the electricity goes through a fuse before the “innards” of a component, the fewer spurious byproducts / waveforms added by a fuse, the more effectively / ‘linearly’ powered is the component. That allows the component to more ‘fully’ and more ‘cleanly’ perform.

Last edited:
Oct 21, 2021 at 5:19 AM Post #325 of 718
My audio non-EE muse is telling me: since the electricity goes through a fuse before the “innards” of a component, the fewer spurious byproducts / waveforms added by a fuse, the more effectively / ‘linearly’ powered is the component. That allows the component to more ‘fully’ and more ‘cleanly’ perform.
It sure does allow the component to perform! I will be changing out the fuses on all my components, now that I have heard what the Purple has done for the RH-5.

Last edited:
Oct 21, 2021 at 6:55 AM Post #326 of 718
The SR Purple fuse has some serious magic going on inside it, and I am not the only one to have experienced this. There is another fellow on the Holo Audio thread that just upgraded from the SR Orange to Purple in his Spring 3 KTE DAC, and he is reporting that the Purple is a significant improvement over the already amazing Orange. I am glad I waited for the Purple, and I still can't believe how much it has improved all aspects of the sound so far with my RH-5.

Oct 21, 2021 at 7:39 AM Post #327 of 718
The SR Purple fuse has some serious magic going on inside it, and I am not the only one to have experienced this. There is another fellow on the Holo Audio thread that just upgraded from the SR Orange to Purple in his Spring 3 KTE DAC, and he is reporting that the Purple is a significant improvement over the already amazing Orange. I am glad I waited for the Purple, and I still can't believe how much it has improved all aspects of the sound so far with my RH-5.
It sure does allow the component to perform! I will be changing out the fuses on all my components, now that I have heard what the Purple has done for the RH-5.
I just recently picked up a Roque Audio rh-5 and I am going to upgrade the fuse. Where is it located inside amplifier?

Oct 21, 2021 at 9:48 AM Post #328 of 718
I just recently picked up a Roque Audio rh-5 and I am going to upgrade the fuse. Where is it located inside amplifier?
Left-hand side of main board (it will be in a clip)

Oct 21, 2021 at 9:56 AM Post #329 of 718
Post #152 in this thread (linked below) has a picture of the insides of the amp and where the fuse is, thanks to @RobertSM. While you are under the hood, I would roll the tubes as well. There is some info about a very special tube made by RFT in this thread a few pages back. The RH-5 is a fantastic amp, and welcome to the club!

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/rogue-audio-rh-5-impression-thread.826252/post-16272993

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back