Rogue Audio RH-5 Impression Thread
Sep 22, 2021 at 6:25 PM Post #301 of 718
I am assuming the fuse is not size small, and is large, but would love confirmation. Thanks

Sep 22, 2021 at 6:29 PM Post #303 of 718
Sorry Wes, if I knew I'd happily share. Anyone else?
Thanks man! I have been so excited to hear this thing all day, only to find out it's the wrong size, and I am quite bummed.

Last edited:
Sep 22, 2021 at 9:30 PM Post #304 of 718
Thanks man! I have been so excited to hear this thing all day, only to find out it's the wrong size, and I am quite bummed.
The RH-5 takes the ‘large’ fuse…😳😒…6.3mm by 32mm…

Sep 22, 2021 at 11:14 PM Post #305 of 718
~ The top fuse is small (5x20mm). The bottom fuse is large (6.3x32mm). These are Hifi Tuning fuses. I already put a ‘small’ in the Flux Lab FA-22. The ‘large’ will go into the Rogue RH-5 (at ‘mountain house’).
~ I have SRO in the LTA MZ3 (is this robot language?). I know, Wes, you are going SRO…(standing room only?)…
~ The after / before Hifi Tuning comparison for the FA-22 can be summed in five words: more ‘thereness’ and greater ease.
~ Wes, expect no less from the SRO in the RH-5…
FC1F686E-5FC8-4378-BE24-E794037DEAE8.jpeg

Last edited:
Sep 23, 2021 at 5:37 AM Post #306 of 718
).
~ The top fuse is small (5x20mm). The bottom fuse is large (6.3x32mm). These are Hifi Tuning fuses. I already put a ‘small’ in the Flux Lab FA-22. The ‘large’ will go into the Rogue RH-5 (at ‘mountain house’).
~ I have SRO in the LTA MZ3 (is this robot language?). I know, Wes, you are going SRO…(standing room only?)…
~ The after / before Hifi Tuning comparison for the FA-22 can be summed in five words: more ‘thereness’ and greater ease.
~ Wes, expect no less from the SRO in the RH-5…
Thanks brother! I knew you would come through. :smile: Nice, I see you went with the Supreme Silver and I was looking at that fuse as well, however I actually found out that SR is coming out with a new fuse middle of October, so I am waiting for that one (preorder is October 1st). SR Orange get's glowing reviews everywhere, more so than any other fuses, so I can only imagine how good the new one is going to sound. I decided to go straight for the best from the start, so I am not always wondering how much better it could sound.

Screenshot_20210923-043947_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:
Sep 23, 2021 at 6:02 AM Post #307 of 718
The RH-5 really lets you hear changes to the system. I swapped out power cables last night just for fun, and man oh man what a difference. Fuses are supposed to make as big a difference so I can't wait. Honestly, the power cable change made just as much a difference or maybe even more than a good tube roll. I am on a mission to squeeze every last bit of performance out of my RH-5, as it really is my endgame hybrid, and the fuse is going to be the icing on the cake.

Sep 23, 2021 at 8:55 AM Post #308 of 718
The RH-5 really lets you hear changes to the system. I swapped out power cables last night just for fun, and man oh man what a difference. Fuses are supposed to make as big a difference so I can't wait. Honestly, the power cable change made just as much a difference or maybe even more than a good tube roll. I am on a mission to squeeze every last bit of performance out of my RH-5, as it really is my endgame hybrid, and the fuse is going to be the icing on the cake.
~ Do you have a power conditioner/filter? I did not see one in your setup photograph.
~ If you do not have one, I will suggest the Furman Elite-15i. It is effective, slimline, and at last look 👀, was $430. Also, it is designed by Garth Powell who now does power conditioning design for Audioquest.
~ If you do have one, you have the power ‘trifecta’: source/cable/fuse ==> best electricity diet for your components. The next quantum is dedicated / filtered circuits in the home ($$$$).

Sep 23, 2021 at 10:03 AM Post #309 of 718
~ Do you have a power conditioner/filter? I did not see one in your setup photograph.
~ If you do not have one, I will suggest the Furman Elite-15i. It is effective, slimline, and at last look 👀, was $430. Also, it is designed by Garth Powell who now does power conditioning design for Audioquest.
~ If you do have one, you have the power ‘trifecta’: source/cable/fuse ==> best electricity diet for your components. The next quantum is dedicated / filtered circuits in the home ($$$$).
I use a Tripp Lite ISOBAR6Ultra Isobar 6 Outlet Surge Protector, and have not really looked into anything further, so I will have to give that Furman a look. Thanks for the info. :beerchug:

Sep 24, 2021 at 6:08 AM Post #310 of 718
I use a Tripp Lite ISOBAR6Ultra Isobar 6 Outlet Surge Protector, and have not really looked into anything further, so I will have to give that Furman a look. Thanks for the info. :beerchug:
Hi Wes. I use to have the same ISOBAR you have. But this year I upgraded my strip to the PS audio line conditioner strip. It was a pretty big upgrade. While it is not cheap it was well worth it in that it upgrades everything that is plugged into it. I also bought the Shunyata plug in line filter which bumped up the sound quality even more.

Sep 24, 2021 at 6:37 AM Post #311 of 718
Hi Wes. I use to have the same ISOBAR you have. But this year I upgraded my strip to the PS audio line conditioner strip. It was a pretty big upgrade. While it is not cheap it was well worth it in that it upgrades everything that is plugged into it. I also bought the Shunyata plug in line filter which bumped up the sound quality even more.
Thanks for sharing, and I have been looking at the PS Audio stuff and would love to go that route eventually, and most likely will.

Sep 30, 2021 at 6:47 AM Post #312 of 718
Screenshot_20210923-043947_Chrome.jpg

I just made payment for the Pre-Order of the soon to be released SR Purple fuse, and can't wait to hear what a fuse can do in the RH-5 and especially this one. :smile: A quick search online will reveal that everytime Synergistic Research has come out with a new fuse (black to blue to orange and now soon to be purple) they are said to be better than the last, and the Orange has more positive reviews than any other fuse out there by far. So, I decided to take a chance on this new and improved Purple fuse, and I will report back with some initial impressions and then more after burn-in.

Last edited:
Oct 1, 2021 at 7:11 AM Post #313 of 718
Sonnet Hermes & Morpheus + RH-5 (w/ RFT ECC82 Folded Plate Foil Getters) + Verite Closed = A ruthlessly detailed experience, with PRAT & dynamics for days, and last but definitely not least a soundstage of dreams.

I can hear everything in the recording and when it's a good one, the dynamics combined with the detail really let the emotion come through and I can't help but move to the groove, and the stage is so massive in all directions that the headphones just seem to disappear and sound fills the entire room. The tonality/timbre is so lifelike paired up with my Streamer/DAC combo the Sonnet Hermes/Morpheus, that I feel like I can reach out and touch the musicians. What more could one ask for? I literally shed a few tears last night listening to one of my favorite songs, and having just hit 5 years in the hobby, I feel like I have finally arrived. :grin:

Last edited:
Oct 15, 2021 at 10:36 AM Post #314 of 718
Synergistic Research Purple Fuse has been shipped. :smile: I so excited to get my first audio grade fuse, and can't wait to hear what it can do in the RH-5!

I will report back soon. . .

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back