Rogue Audio RH-5 Impression Thread
Sep 16, 2021 at 12:27 AM Post #287 of 718
OK fellas, I have found another stellar tube for the RH-5! The RFT ECC82 Folded Plate Foil Disc Getters are a stunner folks.

RFT ECC82 Folded Plate Foil Disc Getter

20210912_034900.jpg
20210912_034925.jpg

This tube has the biggest most expansive soundstage I have heard from a tube in this family. The bass is super powerful and tight with amazing texture and detail, with impact you can feel. The mids are super transparent with pinpoint imaging and huge images. You will hear little details and nuances most other tubes can't produce, and I have rolled a ton of very well known tubes to confirm this. The highs have really good extension and air. While listening with this tube, the headphones seemingly just disappear and I am transported to a space with just me and the musicians. I call this space "There". This is the tube of dreams folks, with amazing balance top to bottom and transparency to make the music sound very very lifelike, and is widely available and affordable. My number 1 recommended tube for the RH-5 is this tube, and here is where I bought mine.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/265294795816
Thanks for the suggestions and the website that you ordered your tubes from. I just ordered the brimar 491 and the rht mil spec ecc82 . Looking forward to getting them. I have been reading a lot about the brimars the RHTs are pretty reasonable so I thought I would try them as well.

Sep 16, 2021 at 8:58 AM Post #288 of 718
Thanks for the suggestions and the website that you ordered your tubes from. I just ordered the brimar 491 and the rht mil spec ecc82 . Looking forward to getting them. I have been reading a lot about the brimars the RHTs are pretty reasonable so I thought I would try them as well.
Fun times ahead no doubt. I look forward to hearing your thoughts on those tubes, especially if you bought the RFT I linked to. The Brimar CV491 and RFT Folded Plate Foil Disc Getter are really both incredible tubes, that compliment each other very well. You get huge soundstage expansion and details galore with the RFT, and more intimate presentation with lovely vocals and warmth from the Brimar.

Sep 16, 2021 at 1:47 PM Post #289 of 718
Fun times ahead no doubt. I look forward to hearing your thoughts on those tubes, especially if you bought the RFT I linked to. The Brimar CV491 and RFT Folded Plate Foil Disc Getter are really both incredible tubes, that compliment each other very well. You get huge soundstage expansion and details galore with the RFT, and more intimate presentation with lovely vocals and warmth from the Brimar.
The RFT ECC82 seem to be selling well…the website has a detour / similar listing…the tube wonder of the West.

Sep 16, 2021 at 2:40 PM Post #290 of 718
The RFT ECC82 seem to be selling well…the website has a detour / similar listing…the tube wonder of the West.
Website? Only place I have found them is on eBay. The Military spec RFT from Langrex is not the RFT I am listening with and recommending, so not sure how that sounds compared to the much earlier version with a different internal construction (folded plates and foil getters). If only they all sounded the same. . . :wink:

Sep 16, 2021 at 3:16 PM Post #291 of 718
Website? Only place I have found them is on eBay. The Military spec RFT from Langrex is not the RFT I am listening with and recommending, so not sure how that sounds compared to the much earlier version with a different internal construction (folded plates and foil getters). If only they all sounded the same. . . :wink:
I should have been more specific 😔; I meant the EBay listing. I am awaiting both ‘military’ and ‘civilian’ RFT…😶…looking forward to them being Really F***ing Terrific…hope to expand to the ECC81s (for the LTA MZ3 as Footscray ‘rollers’)…

Sep 16, 2021 at 4:09 PM Post #292 of 718
I should have been more specific 😔; I meant the EBay listing. I am awaiting both ‘military’ and ‘civilian’ RFT…😶…looking forward to them being Really F***ing Terrific…hope to expand to the ECC81s (for the LTA MZ3 as Footscray ‘rollers’)…
Nice! I love what you said RFT stands for and I agree.

Sep 16, 2021 at 5:13 PM Post #294 of 718
Sep 16, 2021 at 6:20 PM Post #296 of 718
Sep 16, 2021 at 6:23 PM Post #297 of 718
@Wes S do you have a link to the RFTs that you like?

I think I'll place an order sometime this weekend. Thanks.
Nice! I just fired up my RH-5 with those same RFT's, and I am using my VC and it's a fantastic combo. The bass hits hard and the stage is enormous. These tubes, headphones, and amp all have a similar sound sig if you will, and combined together they really take the sound to another level. I like to listen to a lot of Electronica with this pairing and it's a blast feeling like I am at the club. The subbass is incredible, and it's a wild ride. I am really looking forward to hearing how they work out for you.

Last edited:
Sep 18, 2021 at 3:10 PM Post #298 of 718
Well, as y'all know I have been thoroughly enjoying my RH-5 as of late, and with the RFT Foil Getters this amp has really been blowing my mind with it's performance. The performance is so stellar, that I am finally ready to see how much more I can squeeze out of the amp. I already have a great power cable (Audioquest NRG-Z3), some really nice balanced interconnects (Audioquest Red River XLR's), and now I finally have a new fuse on the way. :smile: After a ton of reading and research, I have bought the Synergistic Research Orange Quantum Fuse and can't wait to hear what it can do. I will report back with some first impressions and then after burn in.

Last edited:
Sep 22, 2021 at 8:46 AM Post #299 of 718
Just got notified that my Synergistic Research Orange fuse is out for delivery. :smile:

I have been reading and researching about fuses like crazy this past couple of weeks and there is an overwhelming amount of people who prefer the Orange over most other fuses, so I can't wait to see what the fuss is all about. I am also looking at the Audio Magic Ultimate Premier Beeswax SHD as well, and if the SR Orange doesn't do it for me within the 30 day trial period, then I am gonna give that one a go. However, the AM is $240 so I am kind of hoping the SR Orange does the trick.

More to come on my findings. . .

Sep 22, 2021 at 6:21 PM Post #300 of 718
So, I bought the fuse size slow blow 1a small, and it's way to small, as in like half the size of the fuse in the amp? Anyone know what size fuse goes in the RH-5?

Please help! Those that have put a fuse in their RH-5 what size fuse does it take?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back